Schura Hamburg ( SCHURA - Council of Islamic Communities in Hamburg eV ; Hamburg VR 16234) is an amalgamation of several mosque associations and other Muslim institutions and educational institutions in Hamburg that took place in July 1999 .
The Schura Hamburg has three chairmen. As of 2017 these are: Mustafa Yoldaş (resident doctor) from the Centrum Mosque . He is a functionary of Millî Görüş and was chairman of the now banned International Humanitarian Aid Organization (IHH); Ayatollah Reza Ramezani (Shiite clergyman) from the Islamic Center Hamburg and Daniel Abdin from the Islamic Center Al Nour eV
The Shura is an umbrella organization at the state level that tries to find recognition as a representation of Muslims in Hamburg. It represents (as of 2009) around 40 different mosque communities as well as Islamic women's, cultural and student associations and organizes, in addition to Turkish, Arab and German associations, also multi-ethnic groups. Individual communities of the Turkish organization DITIB are also represented in the Schura Hamburg .
It is estimated that there are more than 120,000 Muslims in Hamburg. The Shura claims to represent 80% of these Muslims. The actual number is likely to be much lower. If one only assumes that all visitors to the Friday prayer feel represented by the Shura, then the number of Muslims represented can be estimated at a maximum of 10,000. A number between 5,000 and 8,000 Muslims in the Hanseatic city for whom the Shura can speak would be realistic.
In 2007 the Shura, along with the DITIB and the Alevi communities in Hamburg, was in negotiations with the Senate for the introduction of Islamic religious instruction. There are also efforts to be recognized by the city of Hamburg as a religious community or to initiate a state treaty for Muslims.
Özlem Nas, women's representative of the Shura and functionary of the BIG eV represented the Shura in the Hamburg Integration Advisory Board during its 20th legislative period.
According to its own statements, the Shura is resolutely against honor killings and forced marriages. In addition, on behalf of Muslims, she rejects violence as a means of political conflict, pointing out that Islam recognizes a right of resistance "in the event of injustice and oppression". Such resistance, however, must be “moderate and well balanced”. Violent resistance is allowed if there is no other option “to free yourself from severe oppression”. As long as the rule of law and democracy prevailed, however, the Shura considers the occurrence of this fact to be impossible and violence to be illegitimate.
The shura is not explicitly mentioned in the reports of the Hamburg Office for the Protection of the Constitution since 2008. However, they regularly report that the Islamic Center Hamburg (IZH), whose propagated understanding of society is assessed as contradicting the principles and values of the free democratic basic order, is involved in a leading position within the association.
For the first time at the mayor elections in autumn 2001, the Shura formulated “Islamic election test stones” and invited representatives of the parties to a panel discussion in the mosque.
In December 2004 the Shura organized several vigils “against terror”.
In November 2005, the Shura women's committee took part in a “No to violence against women” day of action.
In February 2008, the Shura organized a panel discussion “Muslims before the election” in the Nour Mosque in Hamburg St. Georg.
- Schura Hamburg eV
- Interview with Mustafa Yoldas , TAZ on April 20, 2007
- “Those who commit honor killings defile their honor” , MOPO on May 25, 2008
- Website of the Schura Hamburg and information on the board. Retrieved September 11, 2017 .
- Members. schurahamburg.de, 2009, archived from the original on July 10, 2009 ; accessed on July 23, 2017 .
- State treaty with Muslims - talks are going well , Hamburger Abendblatt dated August 14, 2007
- Contact details of the IntegrationBoard for the 20th legislative period (as of October 2013). ( PDF , approx. 454 KB) hamburg.de, 2015, archived from the original on September 24, 2015 ; accessed on July 23, 2017 .
- Press release of May 27, 2008 ( page no longer available , search in web archives ) Info: The link was automatically marked as defective. Please check the link according to the instructions and then remove this notice.
- Archived copy ( memento of October 4, 2009 in the Internet Archive ) Policy paper of Schura e. V.
- Constitutional Protection2008 , p. 62. From hamburg.de, accessed on July 23, 2017 ( PDF , approx. 3.65 MB)
- Constitutional Protection2016 ( Memento of August 22, 2017 in the Internet Archive ), p. 58. On hamburg.de, accessed on July 23, 2017 ( PDF , approx. 4.21 MB)
- Schura Hamburg: Mahnwache ( page no longer available , search in web archives ) Info: The link was automatically marked as defective. Please check the link according to the instructions and then remove this notice.
- Muslims before the election ( page no longer available , search in web archives ) Info: The link was automatically marked as defective. Please check the link according to the instructions and then remove this notice.