Sigrid Roßteutscher (* 1966 in Mannheim ) is a German sociologist and political scientist . She is professor of sociology with a focus on social conflict and social change at the Johann Wolfgang Goethe University in Frankfurt am Main and a project manager of the German Longitudinal Election Study . Since 2019 she has been the chairwoman of the German Society for Election Research .
After graduating from high school in Mannheim in 1985, Sigrid Roßteutscher studied political science , history and public law at the University of Mannheim until 1991 . After working as a research assistant at Max Kaase at the University of Mannheim, she began her doctoral studies at the European University Institute in Florence in 1992 under the supervision of Klaus Eder , where she worked in 1997 with her thesis “Consensus and Conflict - Value Collectives and Social Conflicts in Contemporary German Society ”was awarded a PhD. She also worked there as a teaching assistant and research assistant at Yossi Shavit .
Roßteutscher then returned to Mannheim in 1998 and initially worked as a research assistant, then from 2000 to 2006 as a project manager at the Mannheim Center for European Social Research (MZES) and as Jan van Deth's assistant at the Chair of Political Science and International Comparative Social Research at the University of Mannheim. In 2007 she completed her habilitation with an international comparative study on the democratic role of religious civil societies and religious markets. From 2006 to 2007 she took over the project management of the National Election Study at the Mannheim Center for Surveys, Methods and Analyzes (ZUMA).
In July 2007, Roßteutscher was appointed university professor at the Johann Wolfgang Goethe University in Frankfurt am Main , where she took over the professorship for sociology with a focus on social conflict and social change at the Institute for Political and Social Analysis.
Roßteutscher was a founding member of the German Society for Election Research (DGfW) in 2007 and has been its deputy chairwoman since then. As the successor to Rüdiger Schmitt-Beck , she became chairwoman of the DGfW in 2019.
Together with Hans Rattinger , Rüdiger Schmitt-Beck and Bernhard Weßels, who were responsible, she set up the German Longitudinal Election Study from 2009 , where she has been the project manager ever since.
Her empirical, quantitative and international comparative research focuses on social capital , the sociology of religion , election research , socio-cultural change , political socialization and political culture . In current research projects she deals with the role of religions and religious institutions for the production of social solidarity and electoral and voter research . Completed projects dealt with social and political participation, civil society and civic engagement , the democratic role of social capital and club life in Germany and Great Britain .
- Roßteutscher, Sigrid (2009): Religion, civil society, democracy, Baden-Baden: Nomos Verlagsgesellschaft.
- Maloney, William and Sigrid Roßteutscher (2007) (Eds.): Social Capital and Associations in European Democracies. A comparative analysis, London: Routledge.
- Roßteutscher, Sigrid (2005) (Ed.): Democracy and the Role of Associations: Political, Organizational and Social Contexts, London: Routledge.
- Gabriel, Oscar W .; Kunz, Volker; Roßteutscher, Sigrid and Jan W. van Deth (2002): Social Capital and Democracy. Comparison of civil society resources, Vienna: WUV-Universitäts-Verlag.
- Literature by Sigrid Roßteutscher at Google Scholar
- Homepage of Sigrid Roßteutscher at the University of Frankfurt
- German Society for Election Research
- German Longitudinal Election Study (GLES) - German Longitudinal Election Study or here
- ↑ CV online
- ↑ Presidium German Longitudinal Election Study ( Memento of the original from January 17, 2010 in the Internet Archive ) Info: The archive link was inserted automatically and has not yet been checked. Please check the original and archive link according to the instructions and then remove this notice.
- ↑ current research projects
|BRIEF DESCRIPTION||German sociologist|
|DATE OF BIRTH||1966|
|PLACE OF BIRTH||Mannheim|