Srpski Pokret Obnove
The Srpski Pokret Obnove ( SPO for short ; Cyrillic Serbian: Српски покрет обнове , Serbian renewal movement ), is a monarchist party in Serbia . The party was founded in 1990 by Vuk Drašković and Vojislav Šešelj . The party is in favor of the introduction of the parliamentary monarchy and Serbia's entry into the EU and NATO .
In the parliamentary elections on December 9, 1990, the SPO received 7.6% of the vote and 19 seats in parliament.
In 1992 she took part in a coalition with DEPOS in the elections and received 20% of the vote and 50 seats, 45 of which went to the SPO.
In 1993 she achieved 18% and 45 seats with DEPOS, 40 of which went to the SPO.
In the 1997 elections, in which she participated alone, she won 18% and 45 seats. That year, some members left the party and founded the Nova Srbija (New Serbia) party.
In 2000 the party did not exceed the minimum threshold with 3.3% of the vote and was not present in parliament.
On December 28, 2003, she formed a coalition with the Nova Srbija party and achieved 7.7% of the vote and 22 seats in the parliamentary elections, 13 of which went to the SPO.
At the end of 2004 there was a rift within the party when it pressed for Slobodan Milošević's old helpers to be removed from the police . Nine MPs left the party and founded the SDPO ( Srpski Demokratski Pokret Obnove ).
In the elections in January 2007, the party ran alone, but could not win any seats in parliament. In the 2008 elections she won 4 seats as part of the Democratic Party- led coalition “For a European Serbia”.
The party also takes part in local elections in Bosnia and Herzegovina , albeit with relatively little success. Their strongholds are in eastern Herzegovina.
- Arno Weckbecker and Frank Hoffmeister: The development of the political parties in the former Yugoslavia , 1997 ISBN 3-486-56336-X , p. 47f
- Arno Weckbecker, Frank Hoffmeister: The development of the political parties in the former Yugoslavia . Oldenbourg Wissenschaftsverlag, 1997, ISBN 978-3-486-56336-8 , p. 11 ( limited preview in Google Book search).
- List of MPs of the SPO ( Memento of the original of March 9, 2009 in the Internet Archive ) Info: The archive link was automatically inserted and not yet checked. Please check the original and archive link according to the instructions and then remove this notice.
- 2004 election results ( page no longer available , search in web archives ) Info: The link was automatically marked as defective. Please check the link according to the instructions and then remove this notice.
- Preparation of the 2008 election campaign ( page no longer available , search in web archives ) Info: The link was automatically marked as defective. Please check the link according to the instructions and then remove this notice.