After graduating from the ancient language branch of the Kaiserin-Friedrich-Gymnasium in Bad Homburg, he studied Catholic theology , Christian archeology and classical philology ( Greek ) at the University of Bonn . In 1991 he became there with the work Chiliasmus und Antichrist-Mythos. An early Christian controversy about the Holy Land promotes. On June 10, 1994, he was for the Archdiocese of Cologne for priests ordained, was until 1996 as a chaplain in the parish of St. Servatius active in Siegburg and was then released for its scientific work. From 1999 to 2006, in addition to his activities in Rome, he was in his home diocese Subsidiar at St.-Quirinus-Münster in Neuss .
In 2000 Heid completed his habilitation at the Catholic Theological Faculty of the University of Bonn with the thesis Cross - Jerusalem - Kosmos. Aspects of early Christian staurology . He then received the Venia legendi for Ancient Church History, Patrology and Christian Archeology.
Since 2001 he has been professor for the history of liturgy and hagiography at the Pontificio Istituto di Archeologia Cristiana in Rome and from 2006 to 2012 he was Vice-Rector of the German Priestly College at the Campo Santo Teutonico in Rome, where he had been a collegiate since 1996 (with interruptions from 2000-2001). Since December 8, 1997 he has been a member of the Arch Brotherhood of the Sorrowful Mother of God at the Campo Santo of the Germans and Flemings. Since 2005 he has also been teaching at the theological faculty of the Dominican University " Angelicum " in Rome. Pope Benedict XVI appointed Stefan Heid on December 29, 2009 as chaplain to His Holiness ( Monsignor ). In 2011 he took over the position of director of the Roman Institute of the Görres Society from Erwin Gatz, based at Campo Santo Teutonico; as such he is also responsible for the Roman quarter script . From the winter semester 2011/2012 to the summer semester 2012 he spent a sabbatical year at St. John's Seminary in Brighton (Massachusetts) , USA . Heid has been rector of the Pontificio Istituto di Archeologia Cristiana for three years since February 4, 2020.
Heid has been a member of the editorial board of the journal Die Neueordnung since 1995, of the editorial board of the Rivista di Archeologia Cristiana since 2001 and of the scientific advisory board of the “Colloquia Theologica” series of the University of Opole since 2011.
- Chiliasm and Antichrist Myth. An early Christian controversy about the Holy Land (= Hereditas. 6). Borengässer, Bonn 1993, ISBN 3-923946-21-X (also Bonn, University, dissertation, 1991).
- Celibacy in the Early Church. The beginnings of abstinence for clerics in both East and West. Schöningh, Paderborn et al. 1997, ISBN 3-506-73926-3 (several editions).
- Cross - Jerusalem - Cosmos. Aspects of early Christian staurology (= yearbook for antiquity and Christianity . Supplementary volume 31). Aschendorff, Münster 2001, ISBN 3-402-08116-4 (habilitation thesis).
- Attitude and direction. Basic forms of early Christian prayer. In: International Catholic Journal Communio. Vol. 38, No. 6, 2009, PDF ; 50 KB). , pp. 611-619, (
- Posture of prayer and Ostung in early Christian times. In: Rivista di Archeologia Cristiana. Vol. 82, 2006, PDF ; 3 MB). , pp. 347-404, (
- with Christian Gnilka , Rainer Riesner : Blood witness. Death and tomb of Peter in Rome. Schnell + Steiner, Regensburg 2010, ISBN 978-3-7954-2414-5 .
- therein pp. 109–196: jubilation at the grave. ( PDF ; 404.63 KB).
- as editor: Peter and Paul in Rome. An interdisciplinary debate. Herder, Freiburg (Breisgau) et al. 2011, ISBN 978-3-451-30705-8 (conference proceedings).
- with Martin Dennert (Hrsg.): Personal Lexicon for Christian Archeology . Researchers and personalities from the 16th to the 21st century. 2 volumes. Schnell + Steiner, Regensburg 2012, ISBN 978-3-7954-2620-0 .
- as editor: Operation on the living object. Rome's liturgical reforms from Trent to Vatican II. Be.bra Wissenschaft, Berlin 2014, ISBN 978-3-95410-032-3 .
- as editor with Michael Matheus : Places of Refuge and Personal Networks. The Campo Santo Teutonico and the Vatican 1933–1955 (= Roman quarterly for Christian antiquity and church history . Supplementary volume 63). Herder, Freiburg (Breisgau) et al. 2015, ISBN 978-3-451-30930-4 .
- Live like in a catacomb. Short museum history of the Campo Santo Teutonico. Schnell + Steiner, Regensburg 2016, ISBN 978-3-7954-3183-9 .
- as editor with Karl-Joseph Hummel : Papality and patriotism. The Campo Santo Teutonico: Place of the Germans in Rome between Risorgimento and the First World War (1870–1918) (= Roman quarterly for Christian antiquity and church history. Supplement 65). Herder, Freiburg (Breisgau) et al. 2018, ISBN 978-3-451-38130-0 .
- Altar and church. Principles of Christian liturgy. Schnell + Steiner, Regensburg 2019, ISBN 978-3-7954-3425-0 .
- with Mariano Barbato (Ed.): Power and Mobilization. The political rise of the papacy since the end of the 19th century . Herder, Freiburg i. Br. U. a. 2020, ISBN 978-3-451-38573-5 .
- Literature by and about Stefan Heid in the catalog of the German National Library
- CV Stefan Heid on the website of the Roman Institute of the Görres Society
- sieburg.de: Siegburg currently 10 January of 2010.
- RIGG: CV of Prof. Dr. Stefan Heid. Retrieved February 20, 2020 .
|BRIEF DESCRIPTION||German Roman Catholic church historian|
|DATE OF BIRTH||December 28, 1961|
|PLACE OF BIRTH||Bad Homburg vor der Höhe|