Steve Jones (musician)
Stephen "Steve" Phillip Jones (* 3. September 1955 in London ) is a British rock - guitarist and singer, who as a member of the Sex Pistols became known.
Live and act
Born in London, like other members of the Sex Pistols, he grew up in the Shepherd's Bush area .
After the Sex Pistols split, Jones played on Checkered Past and Iggy Pop from 1982 to 1984, and pursued a solo career in the 1980s and early 1990s. The most famous song from it was Mercy . Jones wrote and composed it specifically for an episode of the Miami Vice television series . It also featured an instrumental version of Mercy , which was never released. He took part in the reunion of the Sex Pistols and is currently employed as a presenter for the California radio station 95.5 KLOS in Los Angeles . In March 2019 Jones interviewed as part of his radio show Jonesy's Jukebox bassist Duff McKagan of Guns n 'Roses and country singer Shooter Jennings .
In 2011, Rolling Stone listed Jones 97th of the 100 best guitarists of all time .
Steve Jones mostly played a white Les Paul Custom that originally belonged to Syl Sylvain, the guitarist for the New York Dolls . The Sex Pistols manager Malcolm McLaren had seized it when the New York Dolls refused to pay him for his managerial services and passed it on to Jones. Gibson has released a signature model of this guitar .
As an amplifier he used a Fender Twin Reverb , which he turned to maximum volume. Jones himself claimed to have stolen the amplifier from Bob Marley's tour bus . He had replaced the original loudspeakers with those from Gauss.
1989: Fire and Gasoline
All songs composed by Steve Jones; except where indicated
- Freedom Fighter
- We're Not Saints (Jones, Terry Nails, Nikki Sixx)
- God in Louisiana (Jones, Tonio K)
- Fire and gasoline
- Hold on
- Trouble Maker (Angry Anderson, Jones, Gordon Leach, Dallas "Digger" Royal, Peter Wells, Terry Nails)
- I Did U No Wrong (Jones, Glen Matlock, Johnny Rotten, Paul Cook)
- Get Ready (Ian Astbury, Jones)
- Gimme love
- Wild Wheels
- Leave Your Shoes On (Ian Astbury, Jones)
- Suffragette City (David Bowie)
- ↑ 100 Greatest Guitarists of All Time. Rolling Stone , December 18, 2015, accessed August 8, 2017 .
- ↑ a b "The Gear of the Original Punks" on www.premierguitar.com
- ↑ Gibson Product Catalog ( Memento of the original from June 10, 2012 in the Internet Archive ) Info: The archive link was inserted automatically and has not yet been checked. Please check the original and archive link according to the instructions and then remove this notice.
- ↑ Guitar World Presents the 100 Greatest Guitarists of All Time!
- ↑ Interview with Steve Jones from 2002
|ALTERNATIVE NAMES||Jones, Stephen Phillip (real name)|
|BRIEF DESCRIPTION||British rock musician|
|DATE OF BIRTH||3rd September 1955|
|PLACE OF BIRTH||London|