The 100 best guitarists of all time
The 100 Greatest Guitarists of All Time is a list published by the American pop magazine Rolling Stone since 2003 with a ranking of the supposedly 100 best guitarists to date . A list published in 2003 under the same title contains a selection by the former music editor-in-chief David Fricke . The listing includes guitarists from all genres of popular music , e.g. B. Pop , Blues and Rock . The last selection was made in 2015.
The list is not only mentioned in various biographies of individual guitarists, it is also used in popular literature to compile rankings of individual genres and to highlight the importance of individual guitarists within a genre.
- The 100 greatest musicians of all time
- The 100 best singers of all time
- The 100 best drummers of all time
- The 100 best songwriters of all time
- The 100 best guitarists of all time: the complete list (Current version from July 2014)
- 100 Greatest Guitarists (The list in the original English version)
- David Fricke's Picks (2003)
- Bob Gulla: Guitar Gods: The 25 Players Who Made Rock History. ABC-CLIO , Santa Barbara 2008, ISBN 0-313-35806-0 .
- Robert L. Stone: Sacred Steel: Inside an African American Steel Guitar Tradition. University of Illinois Press, Champaign 2010, ISBN 0-252-07743-1 .
- Karen Hanson: Today's Chicago Blues. Lake Claremont Press, Chicago 2007, ISBN 1-893121-19-4 .
- Paul Grushkin: Rockin 'Down the Highway: The Cars and People That Made Rock Roll. MBI Publishing Company, Minneapolis 2006, ISBN 0-7603-2292-9 .
- Bill Minutaglio: In Search of the Blues: A Journey to the Soul of Black Texas. University of Texas Press, Austin 2010, ISBN 0-292-72289-3 .