Theobald František von Dewaldt
Theobald Franz (František) von Dewaldt , from 1679 baron (* before 1640 in Nordhagen in the prince-bishopric of Paderborn ; † August 9, 1701 in Prague , Bohemia ) was a cavalry master of the Imperial Army and a relative of Johann von Sporck .
Born as Franz Nolte and coming from a large farming background, Theobald Franz von Dewaldt was Rittmeister and company commander under his relative Johann von Sporck during the Thirty Years' War . Later he served like Sporck under General Raimondo Montecuccoli . In Hungary he fought with Montecuccoli against the Turks and with his riders played a major role in the victory at St. Gotthardt an der Raab on August 1, 1664. Montecuccoli praised him at the emperor with the words that he “had two squadrons who were already crushed Standt “could bring and lead again against the enemy.
On April 13, 1665, he was raised to the nobility. From then on, Nolte was allowed to call himself Noldt von Delbrück. He remained in his relative's regiment and was probably involved in the Hungarian Zrinski-Frankopan conspiracy against Emperor Leopold I in the suppression of the rebels.
In 1679 he was raised to Baron von Dewaldt. In other sources, the name of Dewaldt is also given as von Dewald. The name Dewaldt seems more likely. In the directory of the nobility of Bohemia, Moravia and Silesia there is later a Johann Georg Freiherr von Dewaldt, whose relationship to Theobald Franz (František) von Dewaldt is unclear.
Theobald Franz (František) von Dewaldt died in Prague in 1701. His grave can be found in the monastery of St. Catherine in Prague.
- ^ National Archives Prague, ODU IV D 1 U 424 Bl 2 r, quoted from Manfred Köllner: Career in the shadow of the great Johannes Sporck. In the nobility: Franz Nolte alias Theobald Franz von Delbrück or Baron von Dewald . In: Then & Now. Information on history, nature and home care from Delbrück , year 2006, No. 1 of April 12, 2006, pp. 1–4, here p. 3 ( online ).
- ^ Austrian State Archives, awards of nobility and coats of arms, knightly nobility for Theobald Noldt 1665, p. 2 right. See also Köllner, Manfred: Career in the shadow of the great Johannes Sporck, then & now, April 12, 2006, p. 3.
- ↑ August von Doerr , The Adel of the Bohemian Crown Lands: A directory of those coats of arms and nobility diplomas which are entered in the Bohemian hall books of the aristocratic archives in the KK Ministry of the Interior in Vienna, Vienna 1900, p. 164.
- ^ Adalbert Král von Dobrá Voda : The nobility of Bohemia, Moravia and Silesia. Genealogical-heraldic repertory of all class surveys, predicates, promotions, incolat awards, coats of arms and coat of arms improvements of the entire nobility of the Bohemian Crown with sources and coat of arms evidence . Prague 1904, p. 42.
- ↑ Manfred Köllner, Career in the Shadow of the Great Johannes Sporck, then & now, April 12, 2006.
- ^ Anton Schimon: The nobility of Bohemia, Moravia and Silesia. An alphabetically arranged directory of all the Bohemian, Moravian and Silesian noble families of all degrees, with dates of their original status, promotion to the higher nobility levels, characters, dignities and ratings, then other awards . Geržabek, Böhmisch Leipa 1859, p. 27.
- ↑ Jan Loch: Heraldic sights in the temple of Saint Catherine in the New Town of Prague (German-language summary of the article by Vladivoj Tomek: Heraldic sights in the monastery of Saint Catherine in the New Town of Prague in the same issue of the magazine). In: Heraldická Ročenka , vol. 2007, p. 184 ( online ).
|SURNAME||Dewaldt, Theobald František von|
|ALTERNATIVE NAMES||Dewaldt, Theobald Franz von (full name); Dewaldt, Theobald František Freiherr von|
|BRIEF DESCRIPTION||Rittmeister of the Imperial Army and relative of Johann von Sporck|
|DATE OF BIRTH||before 1640|
|PLACE OF BIRTH||Nordhagen, Principality of Paderborn|
|DATE OF DEATH||August 9, 1701|
|Place of death||Prague , Bohemia|