Topaz began practicing sorcery at the age of seven. As a ten-year-old, Topas performed magic in the renowned Stuttgart Magic Circle in 1982: He took cards out of the air and put a cut rope back together. Topas has already performed his magic several times in the Nikolaus-Cusanus-Haus in Stuttgart-Birkach.
In 1986 Topas was accepted as the youngest member of the magic circle and made his first appearance in a magic competition in October. At the magic congress in Brussels , he took 1st place in the junior category as a 14-year-old with the highest number of points of all competitors.
With a manipulation performance with glasses and bells, he became German youth champion at the annual congress of the Magic Circle in Hamburg in 1987. In the same year he started at the International Austrian Championships in Krems and was the overall winner - in the adult group. The award earned him a ten-day engagement at the Theater an der Wien , where he appeared with internationally known world stars (including Paul Daniels ).
After various appearances in Europe, he began a US tour, where he appeared in " The Magic Castle " in Los Angeles . In the same year he had his first monthly engagement in what was then the Stuttgart Varieté on the Killesberg .
On July 18, 2010, Topas and his partner Roxanne celebrated their 25th stage anniversary with a big anniversary show at the Schauspielhaus Stuttgart. Max Maven , Sascha Lien , Helge Thun and Eric Gauthier were guests in the three-hour show .
Topas lives in Ostfildern .
In 1988 he won a second place in the "manipulation" category at the FISM World Championships that take place every three years (a first place was not awarded in the competition). At the German Championships in Wolfsburg in 1990, he achieved first place and the highest point performance of the entire competition. In the spring of 1991 he was engaged for the Grand Prix Magiques de Monte-Carlo in Monaco , where he received the “Golden Magic Wand” award in a festive ceremony from Princess Stéphanie of Monaco . At the world championships in Lausanne , at the age of 18, he won first prize in the “manipulation” category, making him the youngest winner in the history of magic at world championships.
Prizes and awards
- Magician of the Year 2010 , awarded by the Academy of Magical Arts in Hollywood
- Hamburg Comedy Cup 2010
- Cabaret Prize Baden-Württemberg 2007
- llusionist of the Year St. Louis / USA 2004
- LFK Media Prize 2003 for Topas and Andi Kraus
- First place in the “Manipulation” category at the FISM World Championships (Lausanne), making him the youngest winner in the history of magic at the 1991 World Championships
- In 1991 the city of Stuttgart organized the German Variety Award “Young Variety”. Topas received the award for the best innovative performance.
- Golden wand 1991
- First place at the German Championships in Wolfsburg in 1990
- Second place in the “manipulation” category at the FISM World Championships (first place was not awarded) in 1988
- German youth champion 1987 in manipulation at the annual congress of the magic circle in Hamburg
- First place in the “Juniors” category at the 1986 Magic Congress in Brussels
- Hall of Fame; Magician of the Year 2010. In: The Magic Castle. The Academy of Magical Arts, accessed July 22, 2019 .
|ALTERNATIVE NAMES||Fröschle, Thomas (maiden name)|
|BRIEF DESCRIPTION||German magician|
|DATE OF BIRTH||July 20, 1972|
|PLACE OF BIRTH||Stuttgart - Plieningen|