|The transport tower|
|Place:||Nur-Sultan , Kazakhstan|
|Opening:||October 24, 2003|
|Use / legal|
|Height :||155.15 m|
|Usable area :||27,498 m²|
|Building material :||Steel , concrete , glass|
The Transport Tower ( Russian Транспорт Тауэр ) is a skyscraper in the Kazakh capital Nur-Sultan . It is the seat of the Ministry of Transport and Communication and the Ministry of Industry and New Technologies of the Republic of Kazakhstan .
With a height of around 155 meters, it was the tallest building in Nur-Sultan from 2003 to 2008.
The Transport Tower is located in Nur-Sultan's new government district on a large square at the end of Water-Green Boulevard, where the Bajterek Tower , the city's landmark, is also located. Opposite is the headquarters of the Kazakh state oil company KazMunayGas .
The height to the top of the building is 155.15 m, with the antenna itself being 25 m high. There are 34 floors, of which floors 12, 22 and 32 serve as technical floors. On the 32nd floor there is a viewing platform at a height of 109 meters .
The Transport Tower was opened on October 24, 2003 by the incumbent Kazakh President Nursultan Nazarbayev .
On May 30, 2006 at 10:09 a.m. UTC (4:09 p.m. local time on May 30, 2006) a fire broke out on the 30th floor of the Transport Tower, as a result of which more than 2,000 people were evacuated from the building. The fire spread down the stairwell to the lower floors and to the top of the building. Three people were injured. The damage amounted to 1.2 billion tenge . The employees of the two ministries housed in the tower had to continue their work in the Kazakh Foreign Ministry .
- Ministry of Transport and Communication (English, Kazakh and Russian)
- Photos of the Transport Tower at SkyscraperCity
- Images of the burned out building
- Ministry of Transport and Communications: Административно-технологический комплекс «Транспорт Тауэр» г. Астана пр. Кабанбай батыра 47 ( Memento of the original from September 6, 2010 in the Internet Archive ) Info: The archive link was inserted automatically and has not yet been checked. Please check the original and archive link according to the instructions and then remove this notice. (Russian)
- 150 метров над уровнем степи. В Астане построили самое высокое офис-здание во всем СНГ (Russian)
- Дымила долго "зажигалка" ... (Russian)
- Magazine form : Прошлогодний пожар на Транспорт тауэр нанес ущерб в 1 млрд. 193 млн. тенге (Russian)