After attending the Eberhard-Ludwigs-Gymnasium in Stuttgart, Hoefer, son of the writer Edmund Hoefer , studied classical philology in Tübingen and Greifswald and received his doctorate in Tübingen on December 14, 1882. In 1885 he took the examination for the higher teaching post, then worked as an assistant teacher and substitute at grammar schools in Belgard , Anklam , Greifenberg , Stettin and Wesel , until he came to the grammar school in Trarbach from 1892 to 1896 as a senior teacher , from 1896 to 1899 to Wesel . Since March 1, 1899 he was a senior teacher at the grammar school in Saarbrücken.
He worked as an author for the Realencyclopedia of Classical Antiquities .
- Konon, text and source investigation , Greifswald 1890
- De Cimmeriis , supplement to the annual report of the municipal high school in Belgrade a. Pers., Belgard 1891
- A common source of Strabons and the so-called Skymnos , supplement to the annual report of the Kgl. Gymnasium in Saarbrücken, Saarbrücken 1901
- Ulrich Hoefer's personal form in the BIL's personal file in the archive database of the Library for Research on Educational History (BBF)
- Franz Kössler: Personal dictionary of teachers of the 19th century: Haack - Hyss
|ALTERNATIVE NAMES||Hoefer, Ulrich Gottlieb Christian Franz|
|BRIEF DESCRIPTION||German classical philologist and high school teacher|
|DATE OF BIRTH||4th July 1861|
|PLACE OF BIRTH||Stuttgart|
|DATE OF DEATH||January 14, 1932|
|Place of death||Saarbrücken|