Food for boarding comes from Middle High German kost (e) for 'expenditure on or for food, fodder' and is identical to Middle High German kost (e) for 'expenditure, price, costs'. The phrase board and lodging means food and lodging; Logis for 'apartment, stay' was borrowed from French . Food for supply outside the home is also known as provisions .
Community catering, also known as community catering or company catering , is a special form of catering and describes the regular catering of groups of people in companies, health and care institutions and educational institutions. These include the three main groups:
- Catering in canteens , canteens and refectories
- Community catering in hospitals , retirement homes , nursing homes , all-day schools ( school meals ), kindergartens and day-care centers
- Catering in the event of a disaster by the fast response group catering
Contrary to the generally accepted definition, however, EU regulation 1169/2011 also includes restaurants, mobile and permanently installed snack stands and catering companies in the “providers of communal catering”.
1.5 million Austrians (around 1 million workers, 380,000 children and 70,000 senior citizens) use communal catering. Despite the increase in catering for senior citizens, the number of daily meals is falling.
The German Nutrition Society (DGE) has developed "Quality standards for communal catering" and offers certification. Of the 2,000 German hospitals so far (as of 2020) around four% have had themselves certified.
- Provision of other catering services
- Troop catering
- Catering service
- Lunch menu
- Subsistence allowance
- Business economist for catering and catering
- German Research Institute for Nutrition and Food
- Board catering
- Kost in duden.de, accessed on December 14, 2012
- Kost in the Redensarten-Index, accessed on December 14, 2012
- See DeHoGa : Community catering in Germany
- See company catering / community catering in: Glossary / Lexicon of community catering
- Article 2: Definitions, sentence (2) d)
- OBSEARCHER: Decline in the canteens , Cash 2006; 03/06; quoted by Eva-Maria König: Assessment of the nutritional situation of employees of voestalpine Stahl who work in alternating shifts with night shifts , diploma thesis, University of Vienna, Vienna, 2008; PDF file
- Study on Hospital Food: Outdated Kitchens and Too Much Salt. In: tagesschau.de. January 14, 2020, accessed January 14, 2020 .