Drehsen studied theology , law and social sciences. In 1976 he passed his first theological service examination. From 1976 to 1978 he was parochial vicar in Hayingen . From 1978 to 1983 he was a research assistant with Dietrich Rössler at the Chair of Practical Theology III of the Evangelical Theological Faculty of the University of Tübingen . From 1983 to 1988, Drehsen was pastor in Reutlingen-Altenburg. During this time he received his doctorate in Tübingen in 1985. From 1988 to 1991 he was a Heisenberg fellow of the German Research Foundation . After his habilitation in practical theology , Drehsen was professor for religious socialization and adult education at the Faculty of Cultural Studies at the University of Bayreuth from 1991 to 1994 . From 1994 he was professor for practical theology at the Protestant Theological Faculty of the University of Tübingen. From 1996 to 2000 and again since 2010 he was dean of the faculty.
- The beyond of society. Religion in the process of social-scientific criticism. (together with Karl-Wilhelm Dahm and Günter Kehrer , Munich, 1975)
- Modern constitutional conditions of practical theology. Aspects of the theological turn to the socio-cultural world of the Christian religion (Gütersloh, 1988)
- Religious instruction in the area of tension between church and society today (1989)
- How religious is the national church? Socialization-theoretical explorations of modern Christianity practice (Gütersloh, 1994)
- Justification stories. Preaching Protestantism (Munich, 2002)
- The social value of religion. Essays on the sociology of religion . (Ed. by Christian Albrecht, Hans Martin Dober, Birgit Weyel ) (Berlin, 2009)
- Literature by and about Volker Drehsen in the catalog of the German National Library
- Dean Professor Dr. Volker Drehsen died , April 2, 2013, press release from the Evangelical Church in Württemberg
- Short biography and obituary on the website of the Evangelical Theological Faculty of the University of Tübingen
- Birgit Weyel : The sermon as a work of art - practical theology in the tradition of Schleiermacher. On the death of Professor Dr. Volker Drehsen , accessed on August 22, 2019.
|BRIEF DESCRIPTION||German Protestant theologian and university professor|
|DATE OF BIRTH||February 16, 1949|
|PLACE OF BIRTH||Arnsberg|
|DATE OF DEATH||March 30, 2013|
|Place of death||Tübingen|