|description||Austrian daily newspaper|
|publishing company||Russmedia Verlag GmbH|
|Frequency of publication||every day except Sunday|
|Sold edition||60,494 copies|
|( ÖAK , 1st half of 2017)|
|Range||0.170 million readers|
|( MA 2013)|
|executive Director||Eugen Russ, Markus Raith, Gerold Riedmann|
The Vorarlberger Nachrichten (VN) are the highest reach daily newspaper in the Austrian state of Vorarlberg . They appear under this name since November 16, 1945. Its predecessor is the Vorarlberger Landeszeitung , which first came to readers daily as a weekly from 11 August 1863, then from 1887 onwards.
In Vorarlberg, the UN has a market share of around 56 percent of daily newspapers. Throughout Austria, the UN's reach in 2012 was 2.4 percent.
In 1919, Eugen Russ (1877–1962) acquired a book printing company on Römerstrasse in Bregenz , which published the “Vorarlberger Landeszeitung”, and worked there as an editor, publisher and publisher. In 1929 the print shop moved to Kirchstrasse . In 1938 the "Landeszeitung" was banned by the National Socialists .
The first independent edition as “Vorarlberger Nachrichten” appeared on September 1, 1945. From 1946 to 1952 Ernst Bär , who later became the director of the Bregenz Festival , was the editor of the newspaper, who had worked there as a journalist from 1937 to 1939.
In 1984 the publisher bought the weekly newspaper Wann & Wo . Since 1990 the Vorarlberg media house (as of October 2012 as Russmedia ) has also been publishing NEUE , which was founded in 1972 . On June 1, 1995, the electronic service Antenne Vorarlberg was added to the publishing house , the first private radio in the state.
In addition, the VN was the first daily newspaper in the world to be continuously produced in four-color printing . On June 5, 2006, Vorarlberger Nachrichten was named “Newspaper of the Year” at the 59th World Newspaper Congress in Moscow.
- Until 1938: Eugen Russ (Vorarlberger Landeszeitung)
- 1945–1969: Toni Russ
- 1969: Rosa Russ
- 1969–1986: Franz Ortner
- Since 1983: Eugen A. Russ
- 1987–1989: Thomas Ortner
- 2002–2012: Christian Ortner
- 2012–2015: Verena Daum-Kuzmanovic
- Since 2015: Gerold Riedmann
- Austrian edition control : edition list 1st half of 2017 (PDF 15.8 MB), accessed on October 24, 2017
- Media Analysis 2013, Daily Newspapers Total
- Media indicators , on kommunikation-vorarlberg.at (WKÖ). Retrieved October 2, 2017
- Media and media politics in Austria - an overview , on www.politischebildung.com. Retrieved October 2, 2017.
- Image of the first edition of the Vorarlberger Nachrichten In: Land Vorarlberg (Hrsg.): Vorarlberg Chronik .
- "VN" are "Newspaper of the Year" . Article on Vorarlberg Online (VOL.at).
- Editor-in-chief Christian Ortner leaves "VN"
- Verena Daum-Kuzmanovic new "VN" editor-in-chief - finally the right face for Russ' vision of the ideal daily newspaper (October 8, 2012)