Werner Kroeber-Riel (born December 4, 1934 in Etterbeek ; † January 17, 1995 ) was a German marketing scientist , particularly in the field of consumer behavior research and advertising psychology. Kroeber-Riel studied at the Universities of Freiburg and Cologne and at the Technical University of Berlin . In Freiburg he was active in the Corps Rhenania .
In 1969 Kroeber-Riel founded the Institute for Consumer and Behavioral Research at Saarland University . His students include Peter Weinberg , Franz-Rudolf Esch , Klaus P. Kaas , Gerold Behrens and Volker Trommsdorff .
- Image communication. Image strategies for advertising. Vahlen ISBN 978-3-8006-2040-1 (study edition; first published in 1993: ISBN 978-3-8006-1702-9 )
- Strategy and Technology of Advertising: Behavioral Approaches. 8th, updated and revised edition 2015. ISBN 978-3-17-026258-4
- Werner Kroeber-Riel and Gundolf Meyer-Hentschel: "Advertising - Controlling Consumer Behavior". Physica-Verlag, Würzburg / Vienna, 1982. ISBN 978-3-79080-269-6
- “Consumer behavior”, EV 1975, 10th, revised, updated and supplemented edition Vahlen 2013: ISBN 978-3-8006-4618-0
- Procurement and storage: basic business issues in materials management. Th. Gabler Verlag, 1966.
- Literature by and about Werner Kroeber-Riel in the catalog of the German National Library
- ↑ Lothar Warscheid: “Prof. Kroeber-Riel is dead. The father of consumer research died at the age of 60. ” Saarbrücker Zeitung from January 18, 1995.
- ↑ Kösener Corpslisten 1996, 129/1195
|BRIEF DESCRIPTION||German marketing scientist, especially in the field of consumer behavior research and advertising psychology|
|DATE OF BIRTH||4th December 1934|
|PLACE OF BIRTH||Etterbeek|
|DATE OF DEATH||January 17, 1995|