Werner Thieme (born October 13, 1923 in Celle ; † June 16, 2016 ibid, actually Hans-Werner Thieme ) was a German legal scholar . He was considered "the undisputed master of German university law, primarily because of his large textbook of the same name".
The son of the later Senate President at the Higher Regional Court of Celle , Paul Thieme, did military service from 1942 to 1945 after graduating from high school in Celle, most recently as a lieutenant. After the war he studied law at the Georg-August University Göttingen , was in 1948 the state examination and was established in 1951 with a thesis on the legal status of foreigners under the Basic Law at Werner Weber Dr. iur. PhD. After the assessor examination (1952), Thieme worked as managing director of the university association and qualified as a professor in 1955 with Hans Peter Ipsen in the subjects of constitutional, administrative and church law. His habilitation thesis “German University Law” turned out to be a standard work and was published in 1986 in the second and 2004 in the third, completely revised edition.
In the winter semester of 1956/1957, Thieme was appointed professor for public law at Saarland University. In the summer semester of 1962 he switched to the chair for public law and administrative studies at the University of Hamburg , where he headed the seminar for administrative studies he had founded until 1988 .
In 1967, Thieme founded a “Working Group for University Didactics ” under the patronage of the University Association and with third-party funding from the Volkswagenwerk Foundation , which he headed until 1972. After the financing by the VW Foundation ended, Thieme was one of the founders of the Arbeitsgemeinschaft für Hochschuldidaktik eV (Working Group for University Didactics) in 1971, which still exists today as the German Society for University Didactics. a. publishes the magazine " Das Hochschulwesen ".
In the course of his academic life, Thieme has published 25 independent works and 14 others as co-author, plus around 200 articles in journals and compilations, expert reports and 15 editorships.
- German University Law , 3rd edition, Cologne et al. 2004. ISBN 3-452-24763-5
- German personal law , Berlin 2003. ISBN 3-428-10980-5
- Introduction to administrative theory , Cologne et al. 1995. ISBN 3-452-20899-0
- Verwaltungslehre , 4th edition, Cologne et al. 1984. ISBN 3-452-19813-8
- Werner Thieme: What you strive for and what you experience in science and politics. NORA, Berlin 2008. ISBN 978-3-86557-149-6
- see obituaries in the FAZ June 22, 2016, page 14 ( Link to FAZ.net )
- Ulrich Karpen : Obituary for Professor Dr. jur. Werner Thieme. In: Research & Teaching. 23rd volume, No. 8/2016, pp. 698–699, ISSN 0945-5604. Full text (on the server of the University of Hamburg) ( Memento of the original from August 3, 2016 in the Internet Archive ) Info: The archive link was automatically inserted and not yet checked. Please check the original and archive link according to the instructions and then remove this notice.
- publications in: Bernd Becker, Hans Peter Bull and Otfried Seewald (eds.): Festschrift for Werner Thieme on his 70th birthday , Cologne 1993, ISBN 3-452-22603-4 , pp. 1131–1158.
|BRIEF DESCRIPTION||German legal scholar|
|DATE OF BIRTH||October 13, 1923|
|PLACE OF BIRTH||Celle|
|DATE OF DEATH||June 16, 2016|
|Place of death||Celle|