|density||137.9 Ew. / km²|
In 2011 Wesselsbron had 1,415 inhabitants. To the north is the township settlement Monyakeng with 25,392 inhabitants. Wesselsbron is 48 kilometers northwest of the town of Welkom and 32 kilometers east of Hoopstad .
Economy and Transport
The main source of income is agriculture, especially the cultivation of maize , but also the cultivation of wheat , sunflowers , peanuts and potatoes . The grain silo complex of the agricultural company Senwes is considered the largest in the southern hemisphere and holds 275,000 tons. Omnia has been operating a liquid fertilizer factory since 1997, one of the largest in South Africa. There is also a slaughterhouse in Wesselsbron .
Wesselsbron is located on the R34 , which connects Hoopstad in the west with the R30 in the east. The R505 leads northwest to Makwassie , the R719 connects Bultfontein in the southwest with Bothaville in the northeast.
- Jan CA Boeyens (* 1934), chemist, born in Wesselsbron
- 2011 Census, Wesselsbron , accessed June 18, 2018
- 2011 Census, Monyakeng , accessed June 18, 2018
- Entry at Southern African Place Names (English; archive version)
- Description at wesselsbron.co.za (English), accessed on June 19, 2018
- Five of the world's biggest storage spaces. xstraspace.co.za, accessed June 19, 2018