Wild Boys in 2013
|Genre (s)||Rock , German rock , punk rock|
|Björn Theisen (Tyson)|
Wilde Jungs was founded in 2003. The name refers to the song of the same name by the Böhsen Onkelz from the album It is ready . At the beginning the band covered songs from various other German-speaking bands such as Megaherz or the Böhsen Onkelz, but also Dimple Minds , Die Toten Hosen and WIZO . However, they also worked on their own songs from the start. In 2004 the first own demo CD was produced, which was followed by numerous concerts in clubs . Through these concerts, some organizers became aware of the band and they were booked , among other things, as the opening act for the group Megaherz .
In 2005 the band finally got a recording contract with the label Asphalt Records , on which the debut album Multikriminell was produced and released in 2006. In the same year, large open-air festivals with up to 8,000 concert-goers were played for the first time.
In 2008 the second album Bis Aufs Blut was produced. This was followed by an extensive tour in 2008 and 2009, including German rock festivals such as B. the GOND or the Ehrlich-und-Laut-Rocknacht . Wilde Jungs was booked as opening act for Frei.Wild on their Hart am Wind tour.
In January 2011 Wilde Jungs were introduced as the new band of the record label Rookies & Kings . In March 2011 the album From Beginning to Now was released . In addition to four completely new and unreleased songs, it includes the new recordings of some of the most popular and several older, previously unreleased tracks. It debuted at number 20 on the official Media Control Newcomer Charts. In 2012 a music video for Mit Vollgas durch die Wand was released .
In 2013 the band released their fourth studio album, Hasspirin . The title is a play on words with aspirin , a well-known drug brand for headache tablets, and the word " hate ". It was a concept album , the band itself speaks of a "German rock opera" on the subject of hatred and how to overcome it. The album reached number 53 in the German charts . This was followed by a tour and appearances at the Sauberg Open Air , the GOND and the Ehrlich & Laut Festival . Since the first tour in 2013 went very well and 80% of it was sold out, the band also started a tour in 2014 under the name Retour (e) 2014 .
In 2015, the Extended Play was released .
The band ended their career in 2019 with a farewell tour.
Music style and lyrics
The role models of the Wilden Jungs can already be guessed from the name: The Böhsen Onkelz are the godfathers both musically and lyrically. The first two albums in particular are reminiscent of the band from Frankfurt am Main. The lyrics of the songs are structured in a similar way, in addition to a few political topics, self-reference comes first, personal texts about friendships and one's own history. Another positive point of reference is the German rock scene, which has been growing ever larger since the beginning of the 2000s, around bands such as Frei.Wild and Kärbholz , all of which also have a positive relationship with the Böhse Onkelz. Wilde Jungs were also represented several times at GOND and acted as support from Frei.Wild, among others.
- 2007: Multikriminell ( Asphalt Records )
- 2008: Until the Blood (Asphalt Records)
- 2011: From the beginning to now ( Rookies & Kings )
- 2013: Hasspirin (Rookies & Kings)
- 2017: Undefeated (Drakkar Entertainment GmbH)
- 2006: The Boxing Match of the Year (Promo Split EP with Frei.Wild , Asphalt Records)
- 2015: Partying into the Downfall (Rookies & Kings)
- Wilde Jungs: To the next ten . In: htm-magazin . 8 (June, July, August 2013), pp. 21 ( htm-magazin.de [PDF]).
- “Through the wall at full throttle”: music video by WILDE JUNGS. Osthessen-tv.de, accessed on February 16, 2017 .
- Chart sources: DE . Retrieved February 16, 2017
- The band Wilde Jungs in the “Hasspirin” interview. Pressure Magazin, April 3, 2013, accessed February 16, 2017 .
- WILDE BOYS: "Hatred Pirin" Return (s) 2014! Rookies & Kings , accessed February 16, 2017 .
- Wild Boys - Multi-Criminal. Punkrocknews.de, December 22, 2006, accessed February 16, 2017 .
- Nasty: WILD BOYS: Except for the Blood - CD. Moloko Plus , December 24, 2008, accessed February 16, 2017 .