Wilhelm Ernst (Lippe-Biesterfeld)
After the death of his mother, he lived with his brother Johann Karl with his uncle Friedrich Wilhelm Graf zur Lippe-Biesterfeld and his wife Elisabeth von Meinertzhagen in Cologne . He studied in Göttingen from 1797 to 1799 .
During the Wars of Liberation in 1813 he organized a land storm in the Siebengebirge . In 1831 he inherited the Meinertzhagen'sche Gut Oberkassel ( Lippesches Landhaus ) near Bonn from his aunt . After his death he was buried on January 11, 1840 in his mausoleum on the grounds of the monastery of Heisterbach Abbey. He had already bought the site in 1820 and had it converted into an English landscape park.
He married Modeste Dorothea von Unruh on July 26, 1803, daughter of Lieutenant General Karl Philipp von Unruh . The couple had the following nine children:
- Elisabeth Caroline Modeste (December 2, 1805 - January 19, 1808)
- Ernestine (August 8, 1806 - August 10, 1806)
- Paul Karl (March 20, 1808 - December 14, 1836)
- Agnes Juliane Henriette Ernestine (April 30, 1810 - April 21, 1887)
- ⚭ February 25, 1833 Prince Karl Friedrich Wilhelm von Biron-Wartenberg (* December 13, 1811; † March 21, 1848), son of Gustav Kalixt von Biron
- ⚭ July 9, 1849 Count Leopold von Zieten (* March 23, 1802; † May 19, 1870) son of Hans Ernst Karl von Zieten
- Julius Peter Hermann August (1812–1884) ⚭ Countess Adelheid zu Castell-Castell (1818–1900) daughter of Friedrich Ludwig zu Castell-Castell (1791–1875)
- Mathilde Marie Johanna Modeste (born November 28, 1813 - † July 16, 1878)
- Emma (August 17, 1815 - January 10, 1842)
- Hermann Friedrich Wilhelm Eberhard (born June 8, 1818 - † May 27, 1877 in New York )
- Leopold Karl Heinrich (January 14, 1821 - December 24, 1872)
Julius is the father of Count Ernst zur Lippe-Biesterfeld and thus an ancestor of the Dutch royal family. Because of the origin of the Modeste von Unruh from the lower nobility, he triggered the controversy for the succession to the throne in the Principality of Lippe .
- Friedrich Maximilian Oertel: Genealogical tables on the national history of the nineteenth century. P. 52. Digitalized family tree
- Joachim Arlt: The Lippesche Landhaus Bonn-Oberkassel.
- Newspaper for the German nobility. Volume 1, pp. 90f. Digitized
- Gothaisches genealogical pocket book of the German count houses , volume 13, p. 3, digitized Castell
|ALTERNATIVE NAMES||Lippe-Biesterfeld, Wilhelm Ernst von|
|BRIEF DESCRIPTION||German nobleman|
|DATE OF BIRTH||April 15, 1777|
|PLACE OF BIRTH||Hohenlimburg Castle|
|DATE OF DEATH||January 8, 1840|
|Place of death||Oberkassel (Bonn)|