We were a band that was founded in the GDR in 1972 and existed until 1986.
The group We came into being after the poet Jens Gerlach got to know the musician Wolfgang Ziegler and they started to compose songs together. They needed a band for the lecture, which was put together shortly afterwards. We recorded two LPs on Amiga , plus one on Supraphon (a record label of the then Czechoslovakia ) and one on Metronome ( Federal Republic of Germany ). In 1986 Ziegler embarked on a solo career and the group broke up.
In addition to the Kreis group , Wir was one of the most successful bands in the GDR in the field of pop music.
- 1977: In the mirror of your eyes (Amiga)
- 1978: Time (Amiga)
- 1978: And so we play what we believe in (Supraphon)
- 1984: Ebbe und Flut (Amiga), also as When the flood comes (Metronome)
- 1973: Wolfgang Ziegler (vocals, piano, organ, guitar), Joachim Türpe (bass), Dieter Lehmann (guitar, vocals), Bernd Swoboda (trombone, flute, harp), Peter Müller (drums)
- 1974: Ziegler, Lehmann, Müller, Türpe, Doris Martin (vocals), Katrin Lindner (vocals)
- 1975: Ziegler, Martin, Lindner, Ingolf Zwick (guitar), Thomas Reuter (bass), Hans-Joachim Kluge (drums)
- 1977: Ziegler, Kluge, Martin, Zwick, Rainer Bloß (bass)
- 1979: Ziegler, Kluge, Michael Höft (bass, vocals), Peter Falkenhagen (guitar, vocals)
- 1981: Ziegler, Kluge, Hartmut Podlech (guitar, vocals), Thomas Schock (keyboard), Uwe Karsten (bass, vocals)
- 1984: Ziegler, Kluge, Podlech, Karsten, Carsten Mohren (keyboard)
- HP Hofmann: Beat Lexicon. Performers, authors, technical terms . VEB Lied der Zeit Musikverlag, Berlin (East) 1977.
- Portrait at deutsche-mugge.de
- Portrait at ostbeat.de ( Memento from April 17, 2013 in the Internet Archive )
- Official website of Wolfgang Ziegler
- Interview with Katrin Lindner at deutsche-mugge.de , accessed on April 20, 2014