Housing Benefit Act
|Title:||Housing Benefit Act|
|Scope:||Federal Republic of Germany|
|Legal matter:||Social law|
|Original version from:||April 1, 1965
( Federal Law Gazette 1965 I p. 177 )
|Entry into force on:||April 1, 1965|
|New announcement from:||July 7, 2005
( Federal Law Gazette I p. 2029 ,
ber.p. 2797 )
|Last revision from:||September 24, 2008
( Federal Law Gazette I, p. 1856 )
|Entry into force of the
new version on:
|January 1, 2009|
|Last change by:||
Art. 5 G of August 12, 2020
( Federal Law Gazette I p. 1879, 1885 )
|Effective date of the
|January 1, 2021
(Art. 8 G of August 12, 2020)
|Please note the note on the applicable legal version.|
The Housing Benefit Act (WoGG) regulates the support of the state through housing benefit in the Federal Republic of Germany .
Content of the law
The WoGG consists of eight parts. The first part of the law sets out general principles. The second part of the WoGG contains regulations for determining income. The third part contains regulations on general reasons for rejecting housing benefit. The fourth part of the law includes paragraphs on the approval, increase and discontinuation of housing benefit. The fifth part of the WoGG, which used to regulate the rent subsidy for recipients of social assistance and war victims' benefits, has now been dropped. The sixth part of the WoGG contains individual paragraph 34 on the reimbursement of housing allowance. The seventh part of the WoGG comprises the individual paragraph 35 on housing benefit statistics. The final eighth part of the WoGG contains final provisions. Two annexes are attached to the WoGG, which are decisive for the calculation of the housing benefit entitlement. Annex 1 regulates the specific parameters of the housing benefit formula, Annex 2 contains the maximum values for income and rents to be taken into account.
New version of the Housing Benefit Act
In 2007, the federal government planned the revision of the Housing Benefit Act, the content of which was to be partially redesigned. Thereafter, the heating costs should also be taken into account for housing benefits. Federal Minister Wolfgang Tiefensee ( SPD ) ( BMVBS ) presented his new housing benefit concept on February 22, 2008. The Federal Cabinet decided on the key points for the amendment to housing benefits on March 19, 2008. After the Bundestag passed the legislative changes , the Bundesrat initially rejected the changes. The Federal Council finally approved the proposals of the Mediation Committee on July 4, 2008.
The reform of the housing benefit, which was intended to increase the monthly housing benefit from an average of 90 euros to 142 euros, came into force on January 1, 2009. With the entry into force, heating costs could be included in the rent with a fixed amount based on the number of household members to be taken into account (e.g. 24 euros for one person, 31 euros for 2 people together). However, the 2011 Household Supplementary Act removed these regulations on heating costs off from the law after only two years.
- Schwerz, Günter: Housing Benefit Act. With implementing rules. Handkommentar, 4th edition, Baden-Baden 2006, ISBN 3-8329-1836-1 , 320 pp. (Also contains the Housing Benefit Ordinance .)
- Klein, Michael; Schulte, Stefan; Dr. Unkel, Wibke: WoGG - Housing Benefit Act. Commentary, 1st edition, Berlin 2015, ISBN 978-3-503-15830-0 , approx. 1000 pages (on the new law that has been in force since 2009. Contains all legal and regulatory provisions including the WoGVwV 2009)
- Richard Buchsbaum, Ingo Christian Hartmann and others: Housing benefit law. Comment. Kohlhammer. Stuttgart, ISBN 978-3-17-018071-0 ; Status: October 2019 (20th supplementary delivery).
- Ingo Christian Hartmann: Housing Benefit Guide 2020. The main points of the housing benefit decision. 11th edition. vhw Verlag, Bonn 2020, ISBN 978-3-87941-999-9 .
- ↑ BMVBS press release - Tiefensee presents concept for raising housing benefits ( memento of the original from February 19, 2009 in the Internet Archive ) Info: The archive link was automatically inserted and not yet checked. Please check the original and archive link according to the instructions and then remove this notice. dated February 22, 2008
- ↑ BMVBS press release - Tiefensee welcomes the cabinet's decision to increase housing benefits ( memento of the original from February 19, 2009 in the Internet Archive ) Info: The archive link was automatically inserted and not yet checked. Please check the original and archive link according to the instructions and then remove this notice. from March 19, 2008
- ↑ BMVBS press release - archive link ( Memento of the original dated December 1, 2008 in the Internet Archive ) Info: The archive link was inserted automatically and has not yet been checked. Please check the original and archive link according to the instructions and then remove this notice. dated July 4, 2008
- ↑ Text of the Household Supplementary Act 2011
- ↑ Deletion of § 11 Paragraph 1 No. 2 WoGG