Seventh Book of the Social Security Code
|Title:||Seventh Book of the Social Security Code - Statutory Accident Insurance -|
|Short title:||Seventh Book of the Social Security Code (not official)|
|Scope:||Federal Republic of Germany|
|Legal matter:||Social law|
|Issued on:||August 7, 1996
( BGBl. I p. 1254 )
|Entry into force on:||January 1, 1997|
|Last change by:||
Art. 313 Regulation of June 19, 2020
( Federal Law Gazette I p. 1328, 1365 )
|Effective date of the
|June 27, 2020
(Art. 361 of June 19, 2020)
|Please note the note on the applicable legal version.|
It contains regulations on the prevention and financial compensation of accidents at work and occupational diseases , on the medical, occupational and social rehabilitation of the insured and on the organization of the accident insurance institutions.
The Seventh Book of the Social Code also determines the conditions under which entrepreneurs, colleagues or third parties are liable for accidents at work. It also contains special provisions for data protection that supplement the general data protection standards in Book 10 of the Social Code .
Before the coming into force of the Seventh Book of the Social Security Code, the law of statutory accident insurance was regulated in the Third Book of the Reich Insurance Code (RVO).
- Harald Becker, Edgar Franke, Thomas Molkentin: Social Code VII - Statutory Accident Insurance. Teaching and practice commentary. 5th edition, Nomos Verlag, Baden-Baden 2018. ISBN 978-3-8487-3611-9
- Werner Bereiter-Hahn, Gerhard Mehrtens: Statutory accident insurance. Hand comment. Erich Schmidt Publishing House. 5th edition, Berlin 1997, loose-leaf work with updates, status March 2018, ISBN 3-503-04068-4 .
- Eberhard Eichenhofer , Ulrich Wenner (Ed.): Commentary on SGB VII - Statutory Accident Insurance. 2nd edition 2018, Verlag Luchterhand, ISBN 978-3-472-09040-3 .
- Karl Hauck, Wolfgang Noftz (Ed.): Complete commentary on the Social Security Code: SGB VII - Statutory Accident Insurance. Erich Schmidt Verlag, Berlin 2015, ISBN 978-3-503-04026-1 .
- Herbert Lauterbach, Friedrich Watermann, Joachim Breuer (Eds.): Accident Insurance Social Code VII. Comment. Kohlhammer, 4th edition 1997, loose-leaf work with updates, status July 2018, ISBN 978-3-17-018010-9 .