Yao Wenyuan ( Chinese 姚文元 , Pinyin Yáo Wényuán ; born January 12, 1931 in Zhuji , Zhejiang Province ; † December 23, 2005 in Shanghai ) was a top politician of the People's Republic of China who, together with Mao Zedong's wife Jiang Qing , Zhang Chunqiao , during the Cultural Revolution and Wang Hongwen formed the political leadership group after Mao's death lost control and shortly afterwards called " gang of four " as the main responsible for the " chaos of 10 years was shown" (十年浩劫shí nián Haojie).
Yao Wenyuan began his career in Shanghai as a literary critic. After meeting with Zhang Chunqiao, he focused on campaigning against unpopular authors. His review of Wu Han's play Hai Rui is Relieved of his Office , which Jiang Qing had commissioned, was released on November 10, 1965 and ushered in the Cultural Revolution .
1969 was Yao in the IX. Central Committee of the Communist Party of China elected, where he mainly devoted himself to propaganda . On June 1, 1975 he received Ernst Aust , the chairman of the KPD / ML .
After the overthrow of the Gang of Four in 1976, he was arrested and sentenced to 20 years in prison in 1981. In 1996, Yao Wenyuan was released from custody. Since then he has lived in his hometown Shanghai and has done research on Chinese history . After Zhang Chunqiao's death in April 2005, Yao was the last survivor of the Gang of Four.
Yao died in Shanghai of complications from diabetes.
Works in German translation
- The great socialist cultural revolution in China. Foreign Language Literature Publishing House , Beijing 1966.
- Commentary on the two books by Tao Dschu [Píng Táo Zhù de liǎng běn shū 《评 陶铸 的 两 本书》]. Foreign Language Literature Publishing House, Beijing 1968.
- The working class must lead in everything [Gōngrénjiējí bìxū lǐngdǎo yīqiè 《工人阶级 必须 领导 一切》]. Publishing house for foreign language literature, Beijing 1968. Original in Rénmín rìbào《人民日报》, August 26, 1968.
- About the social base of the anti-party Lin Biao clique. [Lùn Lín Biāo fǎndǎng jítuán de shèhuì jīchǔ 《论 林彪 反党 集团 的 社会 基础》] Foreign Language Literature Publishing House, Beijing 1975. Original in Hóngqí《红旗》, March 1, 1975.
- Oskar Weggel (ed.): Die Alternative China. Politics, society, economy of the People's Republic of China. Hoffmann and Campe, 1973, p. 446.
- Literature by and about Yao Wenyuan in the catalog of the German National Library
- China: Last member of the "Gang of Four" died (ORF, January 6, 2006)
- The last member of the Gang of Four dies A dark chapter in China (Neue Zürcher Zeitung, January 7, 2006)
|ALTERNATIVE NAMES||Yáo Wényuán|
|BRIEF DESCRIPTION||Chinese politician|
|DATE OF BIRTH||January 12, 1931|
|PLACE OF BIRTH||Zhuji , Zhejiang|
|DATE OF DEATH||December 23, 2005|
|Place of death||Shanghai|