|Networks||FUIW , IAU|
The university was founded in 1976 by a decree of King Hussein I and is now one of the most prestigious universities in the country and region. In 2012 it had 34,400 students, with 62% women and 3,800 non-Jordanian students.
- Faculty of Arts
- Faculty of Economics and Administrative Sciences ( Economics and Administrative Sciences )
- Faculty of Education ( Education )
- Faculty of Fine Arts (Fine Arts)
- Faculty of Information Technology and Computer Science ( computer science )
- Hijjawi Faculty of Engineering Technology
- Faculty of Law ( Law )
- Faculty of Physical Education ( Sports Science )
- Faculty of Science ( Natural Sciences )
- Faculty of Shari'a and Islamic Studies ( Islamic Law and Islamic Studies )
- Faculty of Archeology and Anthropology ( Archeology and Anthropology )
- Faculty of Tourism
The university maintains
- since 1984 a cooperation with the University of Virginia in Charlottesville ( USA ) and
- since 2004 a cooperation with the Oman College of Science & Technology in Barka ( Oman )
The university cooperates with the TEMPUS project
- University of Virginia - Arabic Program ( November 14, 2014 memento on the Internet Archive )
- List of Members. (pdf) In: www.fumi-fuiw.org. Federation of the Universities of the Islamic World, 2017, p. 1 , accessed on September 2, 2019 .
- Hanan I. Malkawi: “Enhancing Internationalization and Managing Partnerships between Higher Education Institutions in Germany and Jordan” . 12./13. November 2012. Retrieved November 13, 2014.
- List of IAU Members. In: iau-aiu.net. International Association of Universities, accessed August 4, 2019 .