|Molecular formula||C 3 H 6 I 2|
colorless to brownish liquid
|External identifiers / databases|
|Molar mass||295.8 g mol −1|
2.565 g cm −3
almost insoluble in water
1.6415 (15 ° C)
|ΔH f 0||
−9.0 kJ / mol
|As far as possible and customary, SI units are used. Unless otherwise noted, the data given apply to standard conditions . Refractive index: Na-D line , 20 ° C|
1,3-Diiodopropane is a chemical compound that belongs to the halogen alkanes . It is isomeric to 1,1-diiodopropane , 1,2-diiodopropane and 2,2-diiodopropane .
1,3-Diiodopropane is a colorless to brownish liquid that is almost insoluble in water. The critical temperature of 1,3-diiodopropane is 766.97 K , the critical pressure 41.62 bar . The enthalpy of vaporization at the boiling point is 43.382 kJ / mol. The flash point is above 110 ° C.
- ↑ a b c d Data sheet 1,3-Diiodopropane, 99%, contains copper as stabilizer from Sigma-Aldrich , accessed on December 1, 2019 ( PDF ).
- ↑ a b c Carl L. Yaws: "Thermophysical properties of chemicals and hydrocarbons", p. 8 ( limited preview in the Google book search).
- ↑ a b c Dictionary of organic compounds, p. 2500 ( limited preview in Google book search).
- ↑ David R. Lide (Ed.): CRC Handbook of Chemistry and Physics . 90th edition. (Internet version: 2010), CRC Press / Taylor and Francis, Boca Raton, FL, Standard Thermodynamic Properties of Chemical Substances, pp. 5-24.
- ^ Carl L. Yaws: "Thermophysical properties of chemicals and hydrocarbons", p. 315 ( limited preview in the Google book search).