Association of actuaries of Austria
|Association of actuaries of Austria|
|Ordinary members||523 (Dec. 2018)|
|Of these, recognized actuaries||325 (Dec. 2018)|
|Actuaries in suspension||20 (Dec. 2018)|
|Associated actuaries||14 (Dec. 2018)|
|Associate members||15 (Dec. 2018)|
|25 (Dec. 2018)|
(since June 26, 2020)
The association was founded in 1971 (approval by the association authority on February 25, 1971) and converted into a professional association in 1995 . Heimo Nabl (* 1912 ), at that time chairman of the board of Wiener Städtische Versicherung , was the initiator of the establishment and, for many years, the first president .
The focus of the activities of the AVÖ lies in the training and further education of its members , in the representation of interests internally and externally, in the development of general guidelines to support actuarial activity, in the development of ordinances on laws and guidelines on the interpretation of laws. Professional ethics serve the members as a yardstick for their behavior and outsiders as indicators of the ambitious goals and the competence of the members.
Economically oriented activities such as B. the licensing of calculation bases or the organization of training and further education events are handled by the Austrian Förderungsgesellschaft der Versicherungsmathematik GmbH (ÖFdV GmbH ), founded in 2010 , of which the AVÖ is the sole shareholder.
The AVÖ maintains contacts with interest groups and professional associations in other countries, it is both full member of the European Federation (Actuarial Association of Europe, AAE) and a full member of the International Actuarial Association ( International Actuarial Association , IAA). In particular, the professional qualification as a recognized actuary is mutually recognized within the European umbrella organization.
Since 2011, the European Actuarial Journal has been published together with the eleven actuarial associations in Belgium, Germany, France, Greece, Italy, Poland, Portugal, Switzerland, Slovenia, Turkey and Hungary and distributed through Springer-Verlag ; this trade journal replaces the previous member journals .
A special cooperation exists with the German Actuarial Association (DAV), the Swiss Actuarial Association (SAV) and the Actuarial Association in the Netherlands; the European Actuarial Academy (EAA) is operated jointly and a series of textbooks (EAA Series) is published.
Previous presidents and their terms of office
- Heimo Nabl (* 1912) (1971 to 1985)
- Ernst Kompast († June 2, 2003) (1986 to April 8, 1992)
- Eduard Wimmer (April 8, 1992 to December 31, 1998)
- Helmut Holzer (January 1, 1999 to May 12, 2005)
- Klaus Wegenkittl (May 12, 2005 to May 14, 2008)
- Christoph Krischanitz (May 14, 2008 to June 12, 2014)
- Manfred Rapf (from June 12, 2014 to June 26, 2020)
- Hartwig Sorger (since June 26, 2020)
|Number of members of the Austrian Association of Actuaries (2005–2012)|
|Cutoff time||May 2005||May 2006||May 2007||May 2008||May 2009||June 2010||June 2011||June 2012|
|Of these, recognized actuaries||205||213||225||232||244||260||270||274|
|Supporting members (companies)||30th||30th||31||31||32||32||32||29|
|Number of members of the Austrian Association of Actuaries (from 2013)|
|Cutoff time||June 2013||June 2014||June 2015||June 2016||June 2017||December 31, 2018|
|Of these, recognized actuaries||283||290||293||306||314||325|
|Actuaries in suspension||2||8th||13||15th||19th||20th|
|Supporting members (companies)||29||28||28||27||25th||25th|
- Ernst Kompast: 30 years AVÖ. (PDF; 850 kB) Lecture given at the General Assembly of the Austrian Actuarial Association (AVÖ) on May 15, 2001. In: Mitteilungen, Issue 11th Austrian Actuarial Association, November 2001, pp. 5–10 , accessed on November 20, 2011 .
- Requirements for recognition as an actuary. (PDF; 16 kB) Guidelines for admission to the Section of Recognized Actuaries. Actuarial Association of Austria, September 8, 1999, accessed June 13, 2014 .
- Requirements for recognition as an actuary. (PDF; 25 kB) Changes and additions to the guidelines for admission to the Section of Recognized Actuaries from September 8, 1999. Austrian Association of Actuaries, June 4, 2009, accessed on June 13, 2014 .
- Vocational Seminar - Professionalism. (PDF; 16 kB) Austrian Association of Actuaries, June 10, 2010, accessed on June 13, 2014 .
- Compulsory advanced training for recognized actuaries. (PDF; 20 kB) Continuing Professional Development - CPD. Actuarial Association of Austria, June 4, 2009, accessed June 13, 2014 .
- Professional principles for the Section of Recognized Actuaries of the Austrian Association of Actuaries. (PDF; 58 kB) Code of professional conduct. (No longer available online.) Austrian Association of Actuaries, June 10, 2010, archived from the original on March 6, 2016 ; Retrieved April 11, 2014 .
- Austrian Promotion Agency of Insurance Mathematics GmbH (ÖFdV GmbH). (No longer available online.) Archived from the original on October 25, 2011 ; Retrieved November 20, 2011 .
- Actuarial Association of Europe, Member Associations. (No longer available online.) Actuarial Association of Europe, archived from the original on July 9, 2015 ; accessed on July 8, 2015 .
- International Actuarial Association, Full Members. (No longer available online.) Archived from the original on July 9, 2015 ; accessed on July 8, 2015 . Info: The archive link was inserted automatically and has not yet been checked. Please check the original and archive link according to the instructions and then remove this notice.
- Agreement on Mutual Recognition. (PDF; 224 kB) Actuarial Association of Europe, accessed on July 8, 2015 (English).
- The European Actuarial Journal is supported by twelve national actuarial societies. Springer, accessed July 8, 2015 .
- European Actuarial Journal (Editorial Board). Springer, accessed July 8, 2015 .
- About the EAA: Initiative and Aims. European Actuarial Academy (EAA), accessed on July 8, 2015 .
- EAA Series. European Actuarial Academy (EAA), accessed on July 8, 2015 .
- Figures for 2005–2008 according to the minutes of the 2008 General Assembly, for later years according to the report of the President in the respective General Assembly.
- Figures according to the President's report in the respective General Assembly.
- Rules of Procedure of the Austrian Association of Actuaries (AVÖ). (PDF; 49 kB) (According to the current rules of procedure, § 9, dormant actuaries; these are exempt from compulsory professional training ; the figures for 2013 and 2014 refer to the end of the year). Actuarial Association of Austria, February 18, 2014, accessed on June 13, 2014 .
- Statutes of the Austrian Association of Actuaries (AVÖ). (PDF; 74 kB) (According to the current statutes, § 12, associated actors are also full members). Actuarial Association of Austria, February 12, 2013, accessed on January 6, 2014 .