Bahar was born as the son of a father from Iran and a mother from Germany in California, but moved to the Federal Republic at an early age.
Alexander Bahar studied history, political science, philosophy and ethnology at the Albert-Ludwigs-Universität Freiburg and Johann Wolfgang Goethe-Universität Frankfurt am Main , where he studied Social Revolutionary Nationalism between Conservative Revolution and Socialism in 1992 - using the example of Harro Schulze-Boysen and his Magazine The opponent was promoted .
Also in 1992 Bahar emerged as the editor and new editor of Walther Hofer's and others' documentation on the Reichstag fire , first published in 1972 , which tried to refute the thesis of Marinus van der Lubbe's sole perpetrator in the 1933 Reichstag fire. Since then, Bahar's research on the perpetrator question in the Reichstag fire has been the focus of his work. In 2001, in his study The Reichstag Fire , which he wrote together with Wilfried Kugel , he sought to prove that on the evening of February 27, 1933 an SA special command led by Hans Georg Gewehr had prepared the plenary hall of the Reichstag with a self-igniting liquid before it was removed who was entered as the only tangible, alleged perpetrator van der Lubbe. This thesis is controversial in historical studies, since Bahar bases his argument essentially on a chain of circumstantial evidence. In 2007, he and Wilfried Kugel acted as experts for the reconstruction of the mysterious arson attack on the Second German Television in its program Abenteuer Wissen . In the ARD television film Nacht über Berlin with Anna Loos and Jan Josef Liefers , which was broadcast on Erste on February 20, 2013, Bahar initially worked as a historical advisor, but resigned from this position when his suggestions for corrections to the script were not resp. have not been implemented adequately. Most recently, Bahar dealt extensively with the human rights violations in the wake of the US government's war on terror . Bahar lives as a freelance historian, author and publicist in the Stuttgart region.
- Social Revolutionary Nationalism between Conservative Revolution and Socialism. Harro Schulze-Boysen and the “opponents” group. Verlag Dietmar Fölbach, Koblenz 1992, ISBN 3-923532-18-0 (Zugl .: Frankfurt / Main, Univ., Diss., 1992).
- (with Wilfried Kugel and Jürgen Schmädeke ) The Reichstag fire in a new light. In: Historical magazine . Vol. 269 (1999), No. 3, pp. 603-651.
- (with Wilfried Kugel) The Reichstag fire. How history is made. edition q, Berlin 2000, ISBN 3-86124-513-2 .
- The suppressed genocide of the Armenians in the First World War. In: Bulletin for Fascism and World War Research. Edition organon, Berlin, issue 24 (2005).
- The Nazis and the Reichstag fire. In: Dieter Deiseroth (ed.): The Reichstag fire and the trial before the Reichsgericht . Verlagsgesellschaft Tischler, Berlin 2006, ISBN 3-922654-65-7 , pp. 145–195.
- Torture in the 21st Century. On the way to a new Middle Ages? Dtv, Munich 2009, ISBN 978-3-423-40171-5 .
- (with Wilfried Kugel): The Reichstag fire. Story of a provocation. PapyRossa, Cologne 2013, ISBN 978-3-89438-495-1 .
- Reich against Empire and a gloomy way ... In: The year 1914. Verlag Wiljo Heinen, Berlin and Böklund 2015, ISBN 978-3-95514-023-6 , pp. 36–46 u. Pp. 122-133.
- The new old "Empire of Evil": How a war enemy image is refreshed. In: Klaus-jürgen brother, Christoph Bialluch, Jörg Hein (ed.): War for heads. The discourse of taking responsibility - psychological, social science and media-critical considerations. , Psychosozial-Verlag, Giessen 2016, ISBN 978-3-8379-2540-1 , pp. 103-117.
- The Kronstadt Uprising. In: Heidi Beutin, Hans-Ernst Böttcher, Uwe Polkaehn (eds.): The November Revolution 1918/1919 , Ossietzky Verlag, Dehre 2019, ISBN 978-3-944545-16-5 , pp. 14-39.
- The Reichstag fire trial. In: Groenewold / Ignor / Koch (Ed.): Lexicon of Political Criminal Processes , https://www.lexikon-der-politischen-strafverarbeitung.de/glossar/reichstagbrand-prozess-1933/ , last accessed on November 29, 2019.
- (with Walther Hofer and others) The Reichstag fire: a scientific documentation. Ahriman, Freiburg 1992, ISBN 3-922774-80-6 .
- Literature by and about Alexander Bahar in the catalog of the German National Library
- Short biography and reviews of works by Alexander Bahar at perlentaucher.de
- Alexander Bahar's website with curriculum vitae
- Bahar's article at Telepolis ( Memento from July 12, 2011 in the Internet Archive )
- http://www.heise.de/tp/autor/alexanderbahar/default.html ( Memento from July 12, 2011 in the Internet Archive )
|BRIEF DESCRIPTION||German historian|
|DATE OF BIRTH||1960|
|PLACE OF BIRTH||Long Beach , California|