Life and work
After attending primary school , Gleisner first became a miner. In 1928 he moved to Berlin as a criminal secretary, where he became an inspector in 1932. In 1933 he resigned from the civil service and became an insurance employee. In 1939 he moved to Frankfurt am Main as factory director , but had to take up military service in the same year (until 1945).
After the Second World War, Gleisner became a full-time employee of the SPD. Since 1956 he was honorary chairman of the state police advisory board.
Gleisner was heavily involved in local self-government on a voluntary basis . He was the first president of the North Rhine-Westphalian Association of Towns and Municipalities , newly founded in 1971 , the central association of the towns and communities in North Rhine-Westphalia .
Party and MP
Gleisner was chairman of the local SPD district in the 1950s.
From 1946 to 1959 Gleisner was a member of the city council of Unna and the district council of the Unna district as well as the chairman of the SPD parliamentary group in both bodies.
Gleisner was also a member of the state parliament of North Rhine-Westphalia from 1947 to 1950 , where he was deputy chairman of the legal and justice committees.
From the first election in 1949 until his resignation on March 17, 1959, he was a member of the Bundestag . In 1949 he won the direct mandate in the constituency of Unna – Hamm and in the two following elections he entered parliament via the state list of the SPD North Rhine-Westphalia. In the Bundestag he was a full member of the Defense Committee from 1949 to 1959. He was a deputy member of the Interior Committee from 1953 to 1957.
Since March 17 1959 Gleisner Office Director of the Office Pelkum , district Unna . From January 1 to June 14, 1966, he was the municipal director of the large municipality of Bergkamen and since then (given the name "city") until his retirement in 1973, he was the first city director of the newly formed town of Bergkamen.
- 1971: Cross of Merit 1st Class of the Federal Republic of Germany
- 1980: Great Cross of Merit of the Federal Republic of Germany
- Horst Hensel : République en miniature. A font for Alfred Gleisner. Cologne 1974.
- Alfred Gleisner at the North Rhine-Westphalia state parliament
- Literature by and about Alfred Gleisner in the catalog of the German National Library
- BStU : The German Bundestag 1949 to 1989 in the files of the Ministry for State Security (MfS) of the GDR. Expert opinion to the German Bundestag in accordance with Section 37 (3) of the Stasi Records Act, Berlin 2013, p. 227. ( PDF ( Memento from November 8, 2013 in the Internet Archive )).
|BRIEF DESCRIPTION||German politician (SPD), MdL|
|DATE OF BIRTH||June 19, 1908|
|PLACE OF BIRTH||Came|
|DATE OF DEATH||February 15, 1991|
|Place of death||Unna|