Alfred Teichmann (painter)
Teichmann's father was a bricklayer in Hartha . After completing an apprenticeship as a decorative painter , he traveled to southern Germany , Italy , Austria , Switzerland , Slovenia , Croatia , Greece , Turkey , Egypt , Palestine , Spain , France and Norway in the 1920s and early 1930s . He lived from the sale of the oil paintings and etchings he made there .
After brief visits to the Dresden School of Applied Arts (1922) and the teaching institute of the Berlin Museum of Applied Arts (1926), Teichmann began studying art at the Dresden University of Fine Arts in 1929 . In 1936 he graduated with distinction. From 1934 he was drawn to the Curonian Spit regularly . Numerous paintings, watercolors and drawings were created in Nidden , Purwin , Preil and Perwelk : landscapes at different times of the day and seasons, dunes with cloud moods, boats and fishing boats. On the spit he also met his wife Maria, who came from Memel .
After his release from Soviet captivity in 1948, he lived and worked again in Dresden. There he also created several large figurative sgraffiti . He regularly visited Ahrenshoop on the Baltic Sea, where he painted many pictures from 1955 until his death. Teichmann's longing for the Curonian Spit can be felt in them.
- Alfred Teichmann on artnet
- Video painting horse and carriage in: Lieb & Teuer , NDR , June 17, 2018 (repetition from October 9, 2016), Reinbek Castle . With Janin Ullmann and painting expert Beate Rhenisch
- Literature by and about Alfred Teichmann in the catalog of the German National Library
- Cultural Center East Prussia , exhibition of landscape portraits from the Curonian Spit to Fischland and Darss from July 9, 2005 to September 30, 2005, accessed on February 2, 2014
- Alfred Teichmann in the Stadtwiki Dresden , accessed on February 2, 2014
|BRIEF DESCRIPTION||German landscape painter|
|DATE OF BIRTH||September 27, 1903|
|PLACE OF BIRTH||Gersdorf , Saxony|
|DATE OF DEATH||April 21, 1980|
|Place of death||Dresden|