Anna Görlin was born in Steinenkirch in October 1606 as the daughter of pastor Leonhard Görlin. She married the Ulm book printer and printer Johann Sebastian Meder (1612–1635), who was six years her junior and who died young in 1635 (presumably of the plague). After his death, Anna Meder continued to run the Mederische Truckerey as a widow, which was common at the time. After the Ulm council had initially tried in vain to persuade her brother-in-law Michael Meder , who lived in Rostock , to return and take over the office in Ulm, Anna Meder was officially appointed as Ulm "city printer" on July 1, 1636 and was in this position until 1637 Ulm active. During this time she printed, among other things, the Ulm Thanksgiving Sermon by the Ulm theologian and pedagogue Konrad Dieterich and the funeral sermon of the respected Ulm city doctor Gregor Horstius .
On August 1, 1637, Anna Meder married the Erfurt book printer, bookseller and publisher Balthasar Kühn (1615–1667), who then continued the print shop as a city printer for an annual salary of 40 guilders from the Ulm Council. From this marriage three daughters and the son Christian Balthasar Kühn (1644–1678) emerged, who took over the printing after the death of his father.
- Konrad Dieterich: Ulm Thanksgiving Sermon. Ulm 1636 ( Printed to Ulm / Von Johann = Sebastian Meders S. Wittib. Anno M. DC. XXXVI. ), VD17 23: 630553N.
- Funeral sermon for Gregor Horstius . Ulm 1636, 88 pages.
- Christoph Reske: The book printers of the 16th and 17th centuries in the German-speaking area. Harrassowitz, Wiesbaden 2007, ISBN 978-3-447-05450-8 , p. 939.
- Anna Meder. In: Women in the history of the city of Ulm. Flyer. City of Ulm (Ed.), Ulm 2013, p. 5.
- Elmar Schmitt, Bernhard Appenseller: Balthasar Kühn: Buchdruckerei und Verlag Kühn, Ulm 1637-1736: Bibliography: with a history of Ulm book printing from 1571–1781 and an illustration of the imperial city book and newspaper censorship. Anton H. Konrad, Weißenhorn 1992, ISBN 3-87437-323-1 , p. 19.
- - The Mederische Druckerei in the database of the German National Library
- E. Schmitt, B. Appenzeller: Balthasar Kühn. Book printing and publishing house Kühn, Ulm 1637–1736. (= Publications of the Ulm City Library. 16). 1992, pp. 18/19.
- Meder, Anna. In: thesaurus.cerl.org. September 25, 2016. Retrieved September 14, 2017 .
- Albrecht Weyermann : New historical-biographical-artistic news from scholars and artists. Stettin, 1829, p. 314 ( limited preview in the Google book search).
- Sonja Christine Seidel: Causes of death in Ulm funeral sermons of the 17th century. Dissertation . Ulm University, 2006, p. 11.
- Sonja Christine Seidel: Causes of death in Ulm funeral sermons of the 17th century. Dissertation. Ulm University, 2006, p. 55.
- Albrecht Weyermann: New historical-biographical-artistic news from scholars and artists. Stettin, 1829, p. 264 ( limited preview in the Google book search).
|ALTERNATIVE NAMES||Görlin, Anna (maiden name); Gerlin, Anna (variation at birth name); Gerler, Anna (variation at birth name); Meder, Johann Sebastian widow; Kühn, Anna (married name, 2nd marriage)|
|BRIEF DESCRIPTION||German book printer and printer|
|DATE OF BIRTH||October 21, 1606|
|PLACE OF BIRTH||Steinenkirch|
|DATE OF DEATH||September 25, 1649|