Armin Nolzen studied history , German , social sciences and philosophy at the Ruhr University Bochum . From 1994 to 1997 he was a research assistant at the University of Bochum. According to Sven Felix Kellerhoff von der Welt , Nolzen is one of the “best experts on the NSDAP and its structures”. Nolzen is editor of the annual articles on the history of National Socialism and researches the history of the Hitler Youth , the party jurisdiction of the NSDAP and violence against Jews. Further areas of interest are the history of the fascist movements in the 20th century, comparative dictatorship research, the history of authoritarian regimes after 1945, historical socialization research and the history of youth and family. In essays he dealt with the topic of the “ national community ” or the regional party history of the NSDAP. Nolzen was the editor and author of relevant studies on the history of fascism and National Socialism.
- with Nicole Kramer: Inequalities in the “Third Reich”. Semantics, practices, experiences. Wallstein-Verlag, Göttingen 2012, ISBN 3-8353-1113-1 .
- with Manfred Gailus : quarreled "Volksgemeinschaft". Belief, Denomination and Religion in National Socialism. Vandenhoeck & Ruprecht, Göttingen 2011, ISBN 978-3-525-30029-9 .
- with Sven Reichardt : Fascism in Italy and Germany. Studies on transfer and comparison (= contributions to the history of National Socialism. Volume 21). Wallstein, Göttingen 2005, ISBN 978-3-89244-939-3 . ( Review )
- Short biography and reviews of works by Armin Nolzen at perlentaucher.de
- Page from Nolzen on contributions to the history of National Socialism (curriculum vitae with list of publications)
- Sven Felix Kellerhoff: an interview with historians. How did you get into the NSDAP? In: Welt online , July 4, 2007
- Sven Felix Kellerhoff: Interview with historians. How did you get into the NSDAP? . In: Welt online , July 4, 2007.
- Armin Nolzen: National Socialism and "Volksgemeinschaft". Plea for operational semantics. In: Dietmar von Reeken , Malte Thießen (ed.): “Volksgemeinschaft” as a social practice. New research on the Nazi society on site. Paderborn et al. 2013, pp. 51–63; Armin Nolzen: Practiced national community. The National Socialist People's Welfare (NSV) in the Third Reich. In: Andreas Schaarschuch, Rita Braches-Chyrek, Dieter Nelles, Gertrud Oelerich (eds.): Education, social theory and social work. Leverkusen 2013, pp. 217–226.
- Armin Nolzen: The NSDAP in the Gau Berlin after 1933. In: Michael Wildt, Christoph Kreutzmüller (ed.): Berlin 1933-1945. Munich 2013, pp. 69–80.
|BRIEF DESCRIPTION||German historian|
|DATE OF BIRTH||1968|