Arturo Salazar (squash player)
|Birthday:||January 3, 1988|
|1st professional season:||2006|
|Trainer:||Arturo Salazar Rodríguez|
|Best placement:||36 (January 2011)|
|Last update of the infobox: April 1st, 2020|
|Sources: official player profiles at PSA and Squashinfo (see web links )|
Arturo Salazar began his professional career in the 2006 season and has so far won eleven titles on the PSA World Tour . He reached his highest place in the world rankings with position 36 in January 2011. At the Pan American Games he has won four medals so far. At the 2011 Guadalajara Games , he won two gold medals and one bronze medal. In the final of the doubles competition, he won alongside Eric Gálvez against the Americans Christopher Gordon and Julian Illingworth . The second gold medal he won with the Mexican team. He won his bronze medal in an individual competition. In 2015 he won the silver medal with the Mexican team. In 2019 , he won bronze medals in doubles and with the team in Lima .
With the Mexican national team he took part in the 2011 and 2013 World Cup. At the Pan American Championships, he won the title with the team in 2014 and 2017. In the same year he lost the final of the doubles competition before he was two years later with Eric Galvéz Pan American champion. In 2016 he was also Vice-Pan-American Champion.
His twin brother César Salazar is also an active squash professional.
- Vice Pan American Champion: 2016
- Pan American champions in doubles: 2016 (with Eric Gálvez )
- Pan American champions with the team: 2014, 2017
- Won PSA -Titel: 11
- Pan American Games : 2 × gold (doubles and team 2011), 1 × silver (team 2015), 2 × bronze (singles 2011, doubles and team 2019)
- Central American and Caribbean Games : 8 × gold (doubles 2006, 2010, 2014 and 2018, team 2006, 2010, 2014 and 2018), 2 × bronze (singles 2014 and 2018)
|ALTERNATIVE NAMES||Salazar Martínez, Arturo Israel (full name)|
|BRIEF DESCRIPTION||Mexican squash player|
|DATE OF BIRTH||January 3, 1988|
|PLACE OF BIRTH||San Luis Potosí , Mexico|