|resolution||December 31, 1996|
|Reason for dissolution||fusion|
The foundation stone was a law from 1912 that regulated the construction and operation of a state hydroelectric power station on the Murg near Forbach in the Black Forest , the Murg Reservoir . The power plant was built during the First World War . Because of the growing demand for electricity, the plant immediately had to be expanded to include a second construction stage, the Schwarzenbachwerk .
The heart and share capital of the newly founded Badische Landes-Elektrizitäts -versorgung AG was this power plant known as the "Murgwerk". The state of Baden brought all power supply systems it owned into this company. In 1938 the name was changed to Badenwerk AG.
The Baden state parliament undertook to keep the entire share capital of Badenwerk AG in state ownership at all times. This obligation was lifted in 1970 by the Baden-Württemberg state parliament . However, the state continued to be the main shareholder of Badenwerk or - after the merger on January 1, 1997 with Energie -versorgung Schwaben AG (EVS) - Energie Baden-Württemberg AG (EnBW). In 1999, the state of Baden-Württemberg sold its EnBW shares to Électricité de France (EDF).
Report of the Großh. Head Office of Water and Road Construction (Department for Water Power and Electricity) on the status of the electricity supply in the Grand Duchy of Baden at the end of 1913. Supplement no. 42 a to the minutes of the 17th public meeting of the Second Chamber of the Baden Land estates on January 22, 1914.
- The electrified society . Exhibition of the Badisches Landesmuseum in cooperation with the Badenwerk on the occasion of the 75th anniversary, 6 July to 13 October 1996. Karlsruhe, Badisches Landesmuseum, 1996. ISBN 3-923132-52-2
- Uwe Kühl: The beginnings of the electrification of Baden (1880–1921). In: Badisches Landesmuseum Karlsruhe (ed.): The electrified society . Karlsruhe 1996, ISBN 3-923132-52-2 . Pp. 13-22.
- Alexia K. House: 75 years of Badenwerk AG 1921–1996. The Chronicle. In: Badisches Landesmuseum Karlsruhe (ed.): The electrified society . Karlsruhe 1996, ISBN 3-923132-52-2 . Pp. 22-42.
- Friedrich Schumacher: Tabular history of the Baden works . In: Badisches Landesmuseum Karlsruhe (ed.): The electrified society . Karlsruhe 1996, ISBN 3-923132-52-2 . Pp. 43-45.
- Bernward Janzing : Bathing under power. A regional history of electrification. From hydropower to the solar age. Vöhrenbach 2002, ISBN 3-927677-27-2 .
- Manfred Fieting: The Schwarzenbach dam and the Murg high pressure plant . Erfurt 2003, ISBN 3-89702-633-3 .
- Clemens Kieser: High up, towards the old city. The administrative building of the Badenwerk in Karlsruhe . In: Preservation of monuments in Baden-Württemberg 2/2013, pp. 121–122. ( PDF )
- Peter Liptau: Karlsruhe: Badenwerk high-rise in danger . on Moderne-regional.de , 2019, https://www.moderne-regional.de/karlsruhe-badenwerkhochhaus-in-gefahr/
- The Badenwerk in “History of EnBW” at www.enbw.com
- Early documents and newspaper articles on Badenwerk in the 20th Century press kit of the ZBW - Leibniz Information Center for Economics .