|Construction time :||1998-2000|
|Architectural style :||Modern|
|Architect :||Helmut Jahn|
|Architects :||Murphy / Jahn Architects|
|Use / legal|
|Height :||103.0 m|
|Height to the roof:||94.0 m|
|Berlin :||6. ( list )|
|Germany :||64. ( list )|
The Bahnower (own spelling: BahnTower ) is the seat of the parent company of Deutsche Bahn in Berlin . The building is on Potsdamer Platz and forms the eastern end of the Sony Center . It has a total height of 103 meters and has 26 floors .
The Deutsche Bahn headquarters located in the building costs around one billion euros per year (as of 2015).
The building hit the local headlines several times in 2007 and 2008 as parts of the glass facade repeatedly came loose and fell onto the street in front of the building. Nobody was injured. In 2016, a pane of glass fell from the facade onto a moving car.
Deutsche Bahn originally planned to move to a twelve-story high-rise at Berlin Central Station in 2010 . In April 2008 the company announced plans to extend the lease for the railway tower, which expired at the end of 2009, by at least three years. In November 2008, the company abandoned plans to move to the main train station. In 2009 the company extended the lease by 15 years.
- The former headquarters German Bahn AG in Frankfurt from 1994 to 2000 people the corporate headquarters of DB AG
- Dieter Fockenbrock: Railway Reform: First Act . In: Handelsblatt . No. 143 , July 30, 2015, ISSN 0017-7296 , p. 28 (According to the source, it is actually one billion euros. Apparently, this does not mean the costs of the building, but the personnel and material costs of the employees working there.).
- Railway Tower. In: Structurae
- Bahn cannot find tenants for the main station tower . In: Berliner Morgenpost , August 8, 2010
- Splinter rain on the railway tower . In: Berliner Zeitung , March 13, 2007
- Defective glass on the railway tower . In: Berliner Zeitung , April 23, 2008
- Another broken glass in the railway tower on Potsdamer Platz . In: Berliner Zeitung , May 15, 2008
- Glass from the railway tower crashes into a moving car. In: www.tagesspiegel.de. Retrieved April 21, 2016 .
- Mehdorn obstructs the Chancellor's view . In: Die Welt , December 18, 2007
- Deutsche Bahn rejects plans to move . ( Memento from May 30, 2012 in the web archive archive.today ) In: Financial Times Deutschland , April 23, 2008