Before 1945 Rodewald was a medical officer in Waldenburg , Upper Silesia . At the end of June 1945 Rodewald , who was then a resident doctor in Kiel, was commissioned, with the approval of the Control Commission for Germany / British Element , to set up a new medical self-administration in Schleswig-Holstein . Berthold Rodewald was President of the Schleswig-Holstein Medical Association until 1952. From 1952 to 1958 he was chief editor of the journal Ärztliche Mitteilungen - Deutsches Ärzteblatt . As such, he was involved in the introduction of preventive medical check-ups for those with statutory health insurance. Between 1954 and 1960 Rodewald was a board member of the Federal Committee for Public Health Education , today's Federal Association for Prevention and Health Promotion (BVPG). In 1962 he received the Paracelsus Medal of the German Medical Association. The Hamburg heart surgeon Georg-Wilhelm Rodewald was a son.
- The question of alcohol in school lessons , in: Archives for Social Hygiene and Demography 2 (1926/27) 30–37.
- Freedom, law and order for the German medical profession . Schleswig-Holsteinisches Ärzteblatt 1966, p. 308.
- Karl-Werner Ratschko: Association as a result of the professionalization of the profession. In: Schleswig-Holsteinisches Ärzteblatt. Volume 67, Issue 10, 2014, p. 40 ( digitized version )
- Thomas Gerst : Medical professional organization and professional politics in Germany 1945–1955. Franz Steiner Verlag, Stuttgart 2004, p. 28 ( digitized version )
- Ernst Roemer: Editor and publisher: Trust is the basis. In: Deutsches Ärzteblatt. Volume 96, No. 21, 1999, p.  / B-600 (Supplement: 50 Years of the Deutsches Ärzteblatt in the Deutsches Ärzte-Verlag)
- Preventive examinations. Against consumption death. In: Der Spiegel . 41/1956, pp. 40-42
- BVPG: 60 years BVPG - looking back to the future. Bonn, 2014, p. 12
|BRIEF DESCRIPTION||German doctor|
|DATE OF BIRTH||1891|
|DATE OF DEATH||1966|