Live and act
Brigitte Troeger, b. Kienbaum, grew up with six siblings in Schönebeck. In 1946 she and her family fled to live with their grandparents in Wiehl- Wülfringhausen. Her father fell during the last months of the war when she was four years old. After graduating from high school, she was able to complete a teacher training course and then teach in Wiehl-Weiershagen for three years. She got involved in the student mission and met the young pastor Eberhard Troeger , whom she married in 1966 , while studying at the Wiedenest Bible School . Then both followed a call to Egypt for eight years in the German mission hospital in Aswan . With the training in therapeutic counseling, clinical pastoral care and grief counseling, the path went back to Wiehl via his own counseling practice. There she volunteered at the "Senior Center Bethel Wiehl" and musically in the local church community, where she accompanied church services on the organ, sang in the choir and founded the sing-in team. She also played the piano and later also the Irish harp .
In retirement, she discovered writing. Her second work is a biographical story about the pastor Johannes Lepsius , who mainly dealt with the history and fate of the Armenian people. In 2010, on the 100th anniversary of Florence Nightingale's death , her third work, Florence Nightingale, was published. The Forsaken Angel , a biography of a novel about a lady of English nobility.
She and her husband had five children and from 2008 lived in Wiehl near Gummersbach.
- Air like velvet and silk: cheerful and moving stories of a pastor's wife in the Orient (1966–1975), Brunnen-Verlag, Gießen 2005, ISBN 978-3-7655-3818-6 .
- Burning eyes. Johannes Lepsius: a life for the Armenians (story), Brunnen-Verlag, Giessen 2008, ISBN 978-3-7655-1904-8 .
- Florence Nightingale: The Angel of the Forsaken (novel biography; on the 100th anniversary of Florence Nightingale's death), Brunnen-Verlag, Giessen 2010, ISBN 978-3-7655-1738-9 .
- Seven suitcases and a stroller: memories of my post-war childhood , Brunnen-Verlag, Giessen 2011, ISBN 978-3-7655-4246-6 .
- Brigitte Troeger: Obituaries , wirtrauern.de
- Brigitte Troeger: Kurzvita , alpha-buch.de, accessed on July 7, 2018.
- Vera Marzinski: "Encounter with Islam" in the Evangelical Church in Denklingen , oberberg-aktuell.de, article from November 1, 2001.
- Brigitte Troeger: Kurzvita , brunnen-verlag.de, accessed on July 7, 2018.
- Brigitte Troeger - 12 lives - life works from the region , 12leben.de, accessed on December 22, 2017.
- Robert Stöcker: Obituary for Brigitte Troeger . In: "Lebenszeichen" Community Letter 1/2018 of the Evangelical Church Community Wiehl, p. 16
- Wiehler author Brigitte Troeger reads from her book about Florence Nightingale , wiehl.de, news from March 19, 2010.
- Evangelical Middle East expert Eberhard Troeger turns 80 , ead.de, article from March 19, 2018.
|ALTERNATIVE NAMES||Kienbaum, Brigitte (maiden name)|
|BRIEF DESCRIPTION||German teacher and writer|
|DATE OF BIRTH||January 6, 1941|
|PLACE OF BIRTH||Schönebeck (Elbe)|
|DATE OF DEATH||15th November 2017|
|Place of death||Gummersbach|