From 1973 to 1981 he attended the primary school in Uttenheim and the "Dr. Josef Röd" middle school in Bruneck and from 1981 to 1986 the humanistic high school "Nikolaus Cusanus" in Bruneck. From 1986 to 1989 he studied specialist theology at the University of Innsbruck and also music at the Conservatory of Innsbruck. From 1989 to 1991 he completed the novitiate of the Society of Jesus in Innsbruck (meanwhile internships in the Lainz hospital , in steel processing in Linz and in homeless work in Vienna ).
From 1991 to 1993 he studied philosophy at the School of Philosophy . From 1993 to 1995 he was youth work in the youth center of the Jesuits "MK" in Innsbruck. From 1995 to 1997 he studied theology at Heythrop College Master of Theology (internship at St. Josef's Hospice in London ). From 1997 to 1999 he was the partner of the novice master in the novitiate of the Society of Jesus in Innsbruck; Member of the Jesuit vocation ministry team. From 1999 to 2005 he was contract assistant at the Institute for Christian Philosophy at the Theological Faculty of the University of Innsbruck .
After receiving his doctorate on November 20, 2003 at the Albert-Ludwigs-Universität Freiburg with Klaus Jacobi ( dissertation : Faith as a virtue with Thomas Aquinas. On the epistemological and religious-philosophical relevance of the Thomas approach), he was a research assistant category I am from 2006 to 2010 Institute for Christian Philosophy at the Theological Faculty of the University of Innsbruck. From 2010 to 2012 he teaches as an assistant professor at the Institute for Christian Philosophy. After completing his habilitation in 2011 in Christian Philosophy (notification dated August 1, 2011), he has been Associate Professor at the Institute for Christian Philosophy since 2012 . From 2013 to 2017 he headed the Institute for Christian Philosophy. From 2014 to 2017 he was President of the Institutum philosophicum oenipontanum.
In his research, he primarily deals with questions of metaethics: Is there any moral truth? Can moral sentences be true? Is there such a thing as moral facts that act as truth makers for moral propositions? He also deals with the question of how morality is related to religion, e.g. B. whether the goodness of human actions depends metaphysically on the goodness of God. Finally, he is also interested in the question of whether emotions play a role in moral knowledge.
- Faith as a virtue in Thomas Aquinas. Epistemological and religious-philosophical interpretations ( Munich philosophical studies. New series , vol. 24). Kohlhammer Stuttgart 2004, ISBN 3-17-018530-6 (also dissertation, Freiburg im Breisgau 2003).
- Epistemology of Moral Beliefs. A draft . ( Philosophical Analysis , Volume 45). De Gruyter, Berlin 2011, ISBN 978-3-11-032580-5 .
- The Relation of Reason to Faith . In: Brian Davies / Eleonore Stump (eds.) The Oxford Handbook of Aquinas . Oxford 2012, 337-347.
- The human soul: Augustine's case for soul-body dualism. In: Meconi, David; Stump, Eleonore (Eds.), The Cambridge Companion to Augustine , 2nd edition, Cambridge 2014, 125–141.
- Anthropological Hylomorphism . In: Farris, Joshua R. and Taliaferro, Charles (Eds.), The Ashgate Research Companion to Theological Anthropology. Farnham: Ashgate, 2015, 113-124.
- Metaphysical Supernaturalism and Morally Worthy Actions . In: European Journal for Philosophy of Religion 8/3, 2016, 59–74.
- Bruno Niederbacher: The Relation of Reason to Faith . In: The Oxford Handbook of Aquinas . January 25, 2012, doi : 10.1093 / oxfordhb / 9780195326093.013.0026 ( oxfordhandbooks.com [accessed February 22, 2019]).
- Bruno Niederbacher: The human soul: Augustine's case for soul-body dualism. Retrieved February 22, 2019 .
- Bruno Niederbacher: Anthropological Hylomorphism . Routledge Handbooks Online, 2015, ISBN 978-1-4724-1093-1 , doi : 10.4324 / 9781315613673.ch9 ( routledgehandbooks.com [accessed February 22, 2019]).
- Bruno Niederbacher SJ: Metaphysical Supernaturalism and Morally Worthy Actions . In: European Journal for Philosophy of Religion . tape 8 , no. 3 , 23 September 2016, ISSN 1689-8311 , p. 59–73 , doi : 10.24204 / ejpr.v8i3.1686 ( uibk.ac.at [accessed on February 22, 2019]).
|ALTERNATIVE NAMES||Niederbacher, Bruno Karl|
|BRIEF DESCRIPTION||Italian Catholic philosopher|
|DATE OF BIRTH||1967|
|PLACE OF BIRTH||Brunico|