|type of school||high school|
The European School and MINT-EC School Carl-Fuhlrott-Gymnasium (CFG) is a high school in Wuppertal , in the Cronenberg district . It is located in the south school center . The school is named after Johann Carl Fuhlrott , who was a teacher there from 1831 until his death in 1877.
The school was founded in 1830 as a high school and secondary school in Elberfeld on today's Laurentiusplatz . After about six months, the school moved to Herzogstrasse 37 . In 1884 the school became a secondary school .
In 1900 the school moved from Herzogstraße to the Aue 93 building; today the Catholic secondary school at Bundesallee 30 is located there . After the school building was damaged in World War II , the school moved to Debschwitz in Thuringia . As of October 1945, teaching was resumed at the Aue. In 1970 the grammar school was merged with the Cronenberg Progymnasium , which was founded in 1908, became a girls' school in 1931 and later became the Cronenberg Progymnasium . Until then it was an all boys' school; with the merger, co-education was introduced.
The school moved to its current location in the south school center in 1975 after the request for a new school building, since the federal avenue had been next to the school since 1961, and the schoolyard fell victim to this. As a result, the name of the school changed from Gymnasium Aue to Gymnasium Süd . The school abandoned this name in 1986 and renamed itself Carl-Fuhlrott-Gymnasium . In 1990 construction defects in the new school building became known, which resulted in an approximately 11-year renovation that lasted until around 2001. In addition, the nearby swimming sports center burned down and with it the sports halls of the school, the reconstruction of which took until 1997. The Carl-Fuhlrott-Gymnasium has had its own cafeteria since 2011.
A student of the CFG was the bronze medal winner over 200 m breaststroke at the 2011 World Swimming Championships in Shanghai, Christian vom Lehn . From 1902 Johannes Bühring was a teacher at the secondary school.
The school has an exchange program with the following schools:
- Lycée Dupuy-de-Lôme, Lorient , France
- Lauttasaaren Yhteiskoulu, Helsinki , Finland
- Clifton College, Bristol , England
- St. Margaret's School, Hong Kong
- IES Cervantes, Madrid
- German School Temuco (Chile)
- Gymnasium Süd Wuppertal 150 years. 1830-1980 . Wuppertal 1980.
- Reports from the CFG. In: www.cfg.wtal.de. Archived from the original on March 23, 2010 .
- source of the history section is the CFG chronicle. In: www.cfg.wtal.de. Archived from the original on March 23, 2010 .
- Sportsman portrait 03/2009 - Christian vom Lehn: With 17 years already at the top of Europe's junior throne. In: www.swimpool.de. Archived from the original on September 16, 2011 .
- Overview of the offers of student exchange programs at the CFG. In: cfg.wtal.de. Retrieved November 7, 2019 .