Christa Moog (born January 30, 1952 in Schmalkalden ) is a German writer .
Christa Moog grew up in Eisenach . After graduating from high school , she completed a skilled worker training as a waitress , then she studied German and sports at the University of Halle (Saale) . After graduating, she worked as a teacher and in various other jobs. She has lived in Berlin since leaving the GDR in 1984 . She has made several trips in the footsteps of her great role model , the New Zealand author Katherine Mansfield , which took her to London , Paris and New Zealand .
Christa Moog is a member of the PEN Center Germany .
She also runs the “Hotel Friedenau - Das Literaturhotel Berlin” in Berlin.
Honourings and prices
- 1985: Rauris Literature Prize
- 1986: Marburg Literature Prize
- 1988: Aspect Literature Prize
- 1991 and 1993: Villa Massimo scholarship
- From a thousand green mirrors. Novel . Rowohlt, Reinbek 1991, ISBN 3-499-12755-5 .
- Union fans. Stories . Rowohlt, Reinbek 1987, ISBN 3-499-12118-2 .
- Literature by and about Christa Moog in the catalog of the German National Library
|BRIEF DESCRIPTION||German writer|
|DATE OF BIRTH||January 30, 1952|
|PLACE OF BIRTH||Schmalkalden|