|Current version||CA Clarity PPM v15.2|
|operating system||Windows , Linux , Solaris , AIX , HP-UX|
|category||Project and portfolio management|
CA Clarity PPM offers integrated IT portfolio planning, project management , risk management , idea management , change management , resource planning, and time and cost management. More than 800,000 users in over 900 companies use Clarity.
1999: The then Niku Software GmbH developed the software solution eNiku for the automation of business processes and launched it in 2000.
2001: After the IPO, Niku Corp. the US project management provider Applied Business Technology (ABT). Its Project Manager Workbench (PMW), a product that has been on the market for around 20 years and has been further developed, will be integrated into eNiku. The new eNiku release is called Niku 6, the integrated PMW henceforth Open Workbench .
2004: With the release of version 7, the software was renamed Niku Clarity.
In 2005 the Niku Corp. taken over by what was then Computer Associates International, Inc. (CA).
2006: CA Clarity Version 8 appears.
2008: CA introduces Clarity Version 12. The version jump is done to keep Clarity compliant with the versioning of the CA product lines.
Clarity itself consists of one or more application instances (app) and background processes (bg), an administration interface called Clarity system administrator (csa) and a process (beacon) that for multicasting is responsible and thus use on computer clusters allows. An interface based on Extensible Markup Language (XML) called XML Open Gateway (XOG) is responsible for exchanging data with other software, for example from SAP .
In Release 7, Orion Application Server was used exclusively as the application server . With version 8 this was no longer supported and instead the free Apache Tomcat was used in addition to the commercial products BEA Weblogic and WebSphere .
As of Release 12 was as a new report generator of Actuate on Business Objects changed because other CA products also use this software. An interface to Microsoft Office SharePoint Server has also been integrated.
Modules in Clarity
The classic project work with phases, tasks and milestones is the essential component of the Project Manager. The module has features to ensure that company best practice procedures and methods are followed, optimal plans are made, communication barriers are removed and projects are carried out.
Supports the planning and use of the resource pool of employees and systems in comparison with the dynamic work demand.
Records and plans the costs for project transactions of all kinds. Freely selectable categories make it possible to differentiate between capital expenditures and ongoing expenses for financial reporting, with costs being distributed to customers, business areas or departments.
Allows investments and projects to be aligned with company goals so that budget and resources can be used more effectively. This creates a structured environment with scenario engineering for decisions about which projects, programs and initiatives are funded, deferred or dropped.
With the module, ideas, inquiries and applications can be systematically recorded and evaluated. Even in this phase, employees can be assigned and expenses recorded. The Demand Manager enables a holistic view of current and future requirements and ensures a dynamic comparison with the planned projects.
Enables the mapping of business processes with workflows and simplifies the optimization and standardization of these processes in the company. Since the Process Manager manages all characteristics belonging to a process, business processes can be automated, are adaptable and reusable.
In addition to additional modules offered by CA, there are other modules offered by partners.
- From CA
- NPD (New Product Development) for the special requirements in product development and R&D
- PRINCE2 Accelerator
- PMO Accelerator (Project Management Office)
- Further additional modules
- EVO for easy company-wide use
- ITG for the special requirements in IT
- Advanced Resource Planning for resource management and resource planning in projects
Implementation and customizing
The PPM standard software Clarity is customized by licensed CA partner companies to the specific processes of project-oriented company areas such as IT, product development, research & development or order & service management and distributed for use .
- www.myclarity.com (English)
- Project and portfolio management solutions enable a return on investment of over 500 percent
- computerwoche.de : 32/2000: Börsengewinner Niku takes over the project management provider ABT ( page no longer available , search in web archives ) Info: The link was automatically marked as defective. Please check the link according to the instructions and then remove this notice.
- CA Clarity PPM Announces v12 ( Memento of the original from March 8, 2009 in the Internet Archive ) Info: The archive link was inserted automatically and has not yet been checked. Please check the original and archive link according to the instructions and then remove this notice.
- Clarity Project Management
- Clarity Resource Management
- Clarity Cost & Time Management
- Clarity Project and Portfolio Management
- Clarity Demand Management
- Clarity Workflow