Blaker lived in Hawaii for several years before forming the Texas Honky Tonk Band in Los Angeles in 1974 . In 1976 they moved to Houston, the hometown of Blakers. Here, Clay and his band performed up to 300 times a year in local clubs and dance halls for almost a decade. The breakthrough came in 1982 when his friend George Strait recorded one of his songs. Strait recorded more Blaker pieces in the following years, as did Tim McGraw , LeAnn Rimes , Clay Walker and others. The song We Must Be Loving Right was even recorded by Barbra Streisand . Clay Blaker also recorded a few CDs himself, but they were not particularly successful.
In the summer of 2002, Clay decided to withdraw from the music scene, he emigrated to a Panamanian island with his wife Allene.
- 1981 - What A Way To Live
- 1986 - Sooner Or Later
- 1993 - Laying It All On The Line
- 1998 - Rumor Town
- 2001 - Welcome To The Wasteland
- - Goin 'Home To Texas / Don't Know What Sells (Single)
- - Texas Honky Tonk / The Only Thing I Have Left (Single)
- 2015 - Still Rockin '
- 2015 - Still Swingin '
- 2015 - Still Country
- 2016 - The Early Singles: 1978–1987
- 2016 - What a Way To Live - Re-release Edition
- 2017 - Through the Years 1979-2002, Vol. 1 (Live)
- 2017 - Through the Years 1979-2002, Vol. 2 (Live)
|BRIEF DESCRIPTION||American singer, country musician, and songwriter|
|DATE OF BIRTH||June 27, 1950|
|PLACE OF BIRTH||Houston , Texas , United States|