Dieter Hein (born October 20, 1951 in Düsseldorf ) is a German historian and since 2002 an adjunct professor of history at the Johann Wolfgang Goethe University in Frankfurt am Main .
After studying history, German and journalism in Bochum , Berlin and Frankfurt am Main, Hein was a research assistant and research assistant at Lothar Gall's chair from 1979 to 1994 . He received his doctorate in 1983 with a thesis on the formation of the Free Democratic Party (FDP) after 1945 and completed his habilitation in 1995 with a study of the history of the bourgeoisie in Baden , both at the University of Frankfurt. From 1983 to 1988 he worked as an editorial assistant for the historical magazine . He was substitute professor in Frankfurt am Main and Trier . From 1997 to 2010 he was a research associate in various third-party funded research projects. From 2012 to 2016 he was a research assistant at the Center for Teaching Humanities Core Competencies at the University of Frankfurt.
Hein's work focuses on the history of the bourgeoisie and the bourgeois-liberal movement, the revolution of 1848/49 , the history of foundations and patronage as well as the social and cultural history of political ideas.
In 1984 Hein was awarded the Wolf-Erich-Kellner Prize for his dissertation . He is a member of the selection committee for scholarships of the Friedrich Naumann Foundation for Freedom .
- Between liberal milieu party and national collection movement. Foundation, development and structure of the Free Democratic Party 1945–1949. Droste Verlag, Düsseldorf 1985, ISBN 3-7700-5127-0 (also: University of Frankfurt, phil. Diss., 1984).
- City and bourgeoisie in Baden. Karlsruhe and Mannheim from the Ancien Régime to the Revolution of 1848/49. Frankfurt am Main 1995, OCLC 915370224 (Habil.-Schrift).
- with Lothar Gall : Questions about German history. Ideas, forces, decisions from 1800 to the present. Historical exhibition in the Reichstag building in Berlin. Catalog. Edited by German Bundestag. 9-18 Ed. Bonn 1983–1994, or questions to German history. Paths to Parliamentary Democracy. Historical exhibition in the German Cathedral in Berlin. Catalog. Edited by German Bundestag. (19th, completely revised edition. Bonn 1996, ISBN 3-924521-96-4 ).
- with Andreas Schulz (ed.): Citizens' culture. Education, Art and the World in the 19th Century. Beck, Munich 1996, ISBN 3-406-41132-0 .
- The revolution of 1848/49. 3rd, through Edition, Beck, Munich 2004, ISBN 3-406-45119-5 .
- In the train of time. The Sparda-Bank Frankfurt am Main 1903–2003. Piper, Munich 2002, ISBN 3-492-04480-8 .
- German history in data. Beck, Munich 2005, ISBN 3-406-52819-8 .
- with Hans-Werner Hahn (ed.): Bourgeois values around 1800. Draft - Mediation - Reception. Böhlau, Cologne / Weimar 2005, ISBN 3-412-16904-8 .
- Literature by and about Dieter Hein in the catalog of the German National Library
- Dieter Hein on the website of the Goethe University Frankfurt am Main
- ↑ Prize winners of the Wolf Erich Kellner Prize. (PDF) Wolf-Erich-Kellner-Gedächtnisstiftung, accessed on December 9, 2017 .
|BRIEF DESCRIPTION||German historian and university professor|
|DATE OF BIRTH||October 20, 1951|
|PLACE OF BIRTH||Dusseldorf|