Dieter Möhn (born July 1, 1936 in Stuttgart ) is a German specialist in German.
After receiving his doctorate in Marburg on July 26th, 1961 ( The structure of the Low German-Central German language border between Siegerland and Eichsfeld ), he taught in Hamburg from 1969 to 2000 as a professor of German philology with special emphasis on Low German.
His main focus is the Middle Low German dictionary.
- with Wolfgang Bachofer and Walther von Hahn : Declining dictionary of the Middle High German language. Based on Matthias Lexer's Concise Middle High German dictionary and pocket dictionary . Stuttgart 1984, ISBN 3-7776-0398-8 .
- with Roland Pelka : technical languages. An introduction . Tübingen 1984, ISBN 3-484-25130-1 .
- with Jürgen Meier : Traces of the past for the present. Hundreds of Low German texts between the 9th and 17th centuries . Leer 2008, ISBN 978-3-7963-0380-7 .
- with Reinhard Goltz : Low German literature since 1945. Partial stories of a regional literature . Hildesheim 2016, ISBN 3-487-15520-6 .
- as editors Jürgen Meier and Jörg Hennig : Varieties of the German language. Festschrift for Dieter Möhn . Frankfurt am Main 1996, ISBN 3-631-48855-6 .
- Dieter Möhn in the Hamburg professor catalog
|BRIEF DESCRIPTION||German Germanist|
|DATE OF BIRTH||July 1, 1936|
|PLACE OF BIRTH||Stuttgart|