Direction générale de la sécurité intérieure
The Direction générale de la sécurité intérieure ( DGSI , German General Directorate for Internal Security ) is the domestic secret service of the French government. It is subordinate to the Ministry of the Interior and was created on April 30, 2014 from the Direction centrale du renseignement intérieur . The headquarters of DGSI is located in the city of Levallois-Perret on the north-western edge of Paris .
The secret service takes care of:
- Counter espionage
- terrorism blocking can
- Fight against cybercrime
- Monitoring of potentially dangerous groups, organizations and social phenomena.
- The entries in the Fiche S ( German identification card index S ), a database of the French security authorities, are listed as dangerous . The "S" stands for Sûreté de l'État ( German State Security ).
Controversy over Wikipedia articles
According to the DCRI, the French version of the article about the Pierre-sur-Haute military radio station contains secrets, the publication of which is a criminal offense. In March 2013, the secret service contacted the Wikimedia Foundation . As the responsible legal counsel Michelle Paulson replied, the entry does not contain any information that cannot already be found elsewhere in the public domain. After this rejection, the DCRI threatened a French Wikipedia administrator in April 2013 with pre-trial detention and serious criminal penalties. The administrator removed the article even though he was never an author of the text. An administrator outside of France put the article back online. Since the secret service refused to explain which text passages are actually involved, all text versions are currently available uncensored.
- Homepage (French)
- Direction générale de la sécurité intérieure. Retrieved March 1, 2018 (French).
- French Ministry of the Interior: Direction Centrale du Renseignement Intérieur. 2008, accessed April 10, 2013 (French).
- Secret service supposedly "looks after" journalists ( memento from January 20, 2015 in the Internet Archive )
- Hollande makes front against managers. In: Spiegel . May 30, 2012. Retrieved November 27, 2012 .
- French government: Décret n ° 2008-609. June 27, 2008, accessed April 10, 2013 (French).
- La DCRI accusée d'avoir illégalement forcé la suppression d'un article de Wikipédia. Le Monde , April 6, 2013, accessed April 8, 2013 (French).
- Tristan Vey: La DCRI fait pression sur un bénévole pour supprimer une page Wikipédia. Le Figaro , April 6, 2013, accessed April 8, 2013 (French).
- French secret service demands deletion of a Wikipedia article. Deutschlandfunk , April 6, 2013, accessed April 8, 2013 .
- Benedikt Fuest: The secret service is embarrassed by deleting Wikipedia. Berliner Morgenpost , April 7, 2013, accessed on April 11, 2013 .