Freudenberg is a colonel in the reserve of the paratrooper troops of the Bundeswehr and has participated in several missions abroad . He studied political science, public law, didactics of social studies / political education in Würzburg (MA). In 2004 he received a PhD in Political and Social Sciences from Armin A. Steinkamm at the corresponding faculty of the University of the Federal Armed Forces in Neubiberg with a dissertation on military leadership philosophies and leadership concepts of selected NATO and WEU countries compared to Dr. rer. pole. PhD.
From 2000 he was a senior consultant and operations manager in a business consultancy for crisis and security management . Since 2002 he has been a lecturer in various departments at the Academy for Crisis Management, Emergency Planning and Civil Protection (AKNZ) at the Federal Office for Civil Protection and Disaster Aid (BBK) in Bad Neuenahr-Ahrweiler. He directed u. a. the AKNZ academy staff and was acting head of the “ Security Policy , Basics, Coordination” department. He is currently in the department “Strategic Leadership and Management, Emergency Preparedness and Planning; Pedagogical Basics and Quality Management "responsible for the topics of security policy framework, NATO matters and emergency preparedness.
In 2010 he took part in the Security Policy Seminar (SP 10) at the Federal Academy for Security Policy . He is / was also a lecturer in the disaster management program at the Rheinische Friedrich-Wilhelms-Universität Bonn , at the chair for international politics at the University of Applied Sciences in Cologne and in the security management program at the Berlin School of Economics and Law . Freudenberg is a member of the Clausewitz Society .
- Military leadership philosophies and leadership concepts of selected NATO and WEU countries in comparison (= military service and society . Vol. 7). Nomos, Baden-Baden 2005, ISBN 978-3-8329-1163-8 .
- Theory of the irregular. Partisans, guerrillas and terrorists in modern guerrilla warfare . VS Verlag für Sozialwissenschaften, Wiesbaden 2008, ISBN 978-3-531-15737-5 .
- with Christoph Unger , Thomas Mitschke (ed.): Crisis Management - Emergency Planning - Civil Protection. Festschrift on the occasion of 60 years of training in civil protection, presented by partners, friends and employees of the Federal Office for Civil Protection and Disaster Relief . Duncker & Humblot, Berlin 2013, ISBN 978-3-428-14077-0 .
- Mission tactics and inner guidance. Findings and comments on the question of the importance and relationship of the internal structure and the mission tactics under the conditions of the deployment of the German Federal Armed Forces (= standpoints and orientations . Vol. 2). Hartmann, Miles-Verlag, Berlin 2014, ISBN 978-3-937885-95-7 .
- with Thomas Jäger , Anna Daun (ed.): Political crisis management. Knowledge - perception - communication (= security - interdisciplinary perspectives ). Springer Fachmedien, Wiesbaden 2015, ISBN 978-3-658-09222-1 .
- with Marcel Kuhlmey (Ed.): Crisis Management - Civil Protection . Course material collection . Duncker & Humblot, Berlin 2016, ISBN 978-3-428-14619-2 .
- Counterinsurgency. Counterinsurgency as a phase to overcome weak statehood and to establish the establishment of a stable post-war order . Hartmann, Miles-Verlag, Berlin 2016, ISBN 978-3-945861-24-0 .
- with Stephan Maninger : "New Wars". Security policy framework, mentalities, strategies, methods and instruments . Hartmann, Miles-Verlag, Berlin 2016, ISBN 978-3-945861-38-7 .
- Literature by and about Dirk Freudenberg in the catalog of the German National Library
- Dirk Freudenberg at the Berlin School of Economics and Law
- See author information: Hans-Jürgen Lange , Michaela Wendekamm, Christian Endreß (Ed.): Dimensions of the security culture (= studies on internal security . Vol. 17). Springer VS, Wiesbaden 2014, ISBN 978-3-658-02320-1 , p. 391 f.
- PhDs . In: Hochschulkurier der Universität der Bundeswehr München , No. 22, April 2005, p. 40.
- AKNZ contact person , bbk.bund.de, accessed on April 26, 2016.
- Dirk Freudenberg: Security Policy and Strategy . In: Clausewitz-Gesellschaft (Ed.): Yearbook 2007 . Hamburg 2007, ISBN 978-3-9810794-2-5 , p. 239.
|BRIEF DESCRIPTION||German social scientist and security expert|
|DATE OF BIRTH||1964|