After graduating from the Carl-Schurz-Gymnasium in Frankfurt am Main , Supp studied education at the Johann Wolfgang Goethe University from 1969 to 1975 , and later politics, history, philosophy and sociology. In 1985 he received his doctorate as Dr. phil in sociology with a thesis on Australia's Aborigines .
In 1975/76, Supp played a key role in the compilation of the register volume of the Hegel Complete Edition (Suhrkamp-Verlag, Frankfurt). From 1977 to 1984 he lived and worked as a freelance journalist and photographer in Paris, where he was under contract with the Rapho photo agency . Reporting trips have taken him to numerous European countries as well as to Angola, South Africa, Namibia, Australia, Mauritius, Seychelles, La Réunion, USA and Chile. His photographs have been exhibited worldwide, in 2015 alongside Helmut Newton , Robert Mapplethorpe , Gianni Berengo Gardin , Verena von Gagern and others in BLOW UP - Fotografia a Napoli 1980-1990 .
Supp has been writing about travel, food and drinks since 1986. The ENO Verlag ( Offenbach am Main ), which he founded in 1992, has published around 20 books on the subject of wine since 1995. From 2003 to 2007 Supp was editor-in-chief and main author of the Brockhaus themed volumes "Wine" and "Kochkunst." In 2005, he was editor-in-chief of the magazines " essen & drink " and "nicer eat" at the Gruner + Jahr publishing house for a short time .
Since February 2015, Eckhard Supp has been the editor-in-chief of the quarterly magazine "enos - von Wein, Menschen und Kulturen".
- Ils vivent autrement . Paris 1982. (with I. Diener)
- Australia's Aborigines - End of Dreamtime . Bonn 1985.
- Azania . Berlin 1986.
- Rome . Hamburg 1990.
- Seychelles . Ostfildern 1991.
- Wine for beginners . Munich 1992.
- Encyclopedia of Italian Wine . (Ed.) Offenbach 1995.
- Encyclopedia of Austrian Wine . (Ed.) Offenbach 1996.
- Wine for beginners - Italy . Munich 1997.
- Encyclopedia of German Wine . (Ed.) Offenbach 1997.
- Eno guide: 100 tips for wine . Offenbach 1999.
- Eno guide: ABC Italy . Offenbach 2000.
- Red wine lexicon . Hamburg 2001.
- White wine lexicon . Hamburg 2002.
- Eno guide: ABC Germany, Austria and Switzerland . Göttingen 2002.
- Brockhaus wine . (Red. Head) Mannheim 2004, 2nd completely revised. 2009 edition.
- Wine glossary for globetrotters . Göttingen 2004.
- Wine - The great book for beginners . Göttingen 2006.
- The Brockhaus - culinary art . (Red. Head) Mannheim 2007.
- Duden - Wine Dictionary . Mannheim 2011.
- Duden - Cooking Art Dictionary . Mannheim 2011.
From the book series Wein & Reisen: ... published since 2001, there are volumes on the wine and travel destinations Rhône, Australia, Barolo, Barbaresco, South Africa, Tuscany, Veneto, Vienna and Burgenland. In addition, he has contributed to more than 20 other books.
- Wine books, book dispatch ( page no longer available , search in web archives ) Info: The link was automatically marked as defective. Please check the link according to the instructions and then remove this notice.
|BRIEF DESCRIPTION||German journalist and publicist|
|DATE OF BIRTH||23rd August 1950|
|PLACE OF BIRTH||Bad Ems|