Gianni Berengo Gardin
Berengo Gardin has been involved in photography since 1954 and started as a photo reporter for Il Mondo magazine . In the following years he worked for magazines such as Domus , Epoca , L'Espresso , Time and Stern and the daily newspaper Le Figaro . His photographs were used for advertising purposes by the companies Procter & Gamble and Olivetti . The Italian architect Carlo Scarpa allowed him to use some of his buildings to commemorate the dead, such as the B. the Tomba Brion in Altivole in the province of Treviso to document.
With his photographs, Berengo Gardin has worked on the creation of a number of photo books, for example with Cesare Zavattini on the volume Un paese vent'anni doppo (One country, twenty years later) or on the volume Venice : City on 118 Islands with Giorgio Bassani and Mario Soldati . For several years he visited the gypsy settlements in Italy. This resulted in the photo book Disperata Allegria - vivere da Zingari a Firenze , which received the Leica Oskar Barnack Prize in 1994 .
Some of the works of Berengo Gardin were z. B. in the Museum of Modern Art (MOMA) in New York City , in the George Eastman House in Rochester (New York) , USA, in the Bibliothèque nationale de France in Paris or also at the photo shows Rencontres d'Arles in France .
- 1994: Leica Oskar Barnack Prize
- 2008: Lucie Award
- 2009: Dr. hc from the University of Milan for his services in the fields of history and art criticism.
- with Giorgio Bassani and Mario Soldati: Venice: City on 118 islands . Josef Keller Verlag, Starnberg 1965.
- with the photographers Mario Mulas and Fulvio Reuter, text: Ludovico Zorzi: Ivrea , with parallel text in de., en., fr., it. and it. Electa, Venice 1970.
- with text by Giancarlo Vigoelle: Il paradiso de Rabuzin , Edizioni Tege, Milan 1978.
- with text by Giacomo Corna Pellegrini et al .: Case contadini , Touring Club Italiano , Milan 1979.
- with text by Lalla Romano and Cesare de Seta: Finlandia, Norvegia, Svezia . Touring Club Italiano, Milan 1982.
- Alberto Fumagalli: La casa e il contadino = The Peasant and his Home . Edagricole, Bologna 1985.
- with text by Luigi Bianchi et al .: Rome . Kümmerly and Frey, Bern 1986, ISBN 3-259-08750-8 .
- with text by Christiana Moldi-Ravenna and Teodora Sammartini: The Secret Gardens of Venice . Diederichs, Munich 1989, ISBN 3-424-00992-X .
- with text by Maria Raffaella Fiory Ceccopieri: Apulia : Trulli and Staufer heritage . Kümmerly and Frey, Bern 1987, ISBN 3-259-08753-2 .
- Susanna Berengo Gardin (Ed.): Italians = Italians , German / English. te Neues, Kempen 2000, ISBN 3-8238-5453-4 .
- with Antonella Monzoni: Blood Friday: Il venerdi del preziosissimo sangue , German / Italian. Tre Lune, Mantua 2008, ISBN 978-88-89832-20-2 .
- Alessandro Mauro et al .: Gianni Berengo Gardin . Contraste, 2005.
- Silvana Turzio: Gianni Berengo Gardin . Bruno Mondadori, Milan 2009.
|SURNAME||Berengo Gardin, Gianni|
|BRIEF DESCRIPTION||Italian photographer|
|DATE OF BIRTH||October 10, 1930|
|PLACE OF BIRTH||Santa Margherita Ligure , Genoa Province|