Egon von Kameke
Egon von Kameke came from the Pomeranian noble family Kameke . He was a student at the Berlin Art Academy and master class with Ulrich Huebner . He had further lessons from Friedrich Kallmorgen . He then lived in Potsdam and went on extensive study trips to the Scandinavian countries, England and the Arctic. For 13 years he lived among northern fishermen in Iceland, Svalbard and Norway. From 1911 he took part in exhibitions in Munich and Berlin. In Potsdam he took part in an exhibition of the Potsdamer Kunstverein in 1927 in the Marstall . Together with Wilhelm Schmid , Heinrich Basedow d. Ä. , Walter Bullert , Otto Heinrich and others.
In the interwar years, von Kameke worked exclusively as a marine painter. After the Second World War he took up his profession again; In 1946 his work was exhibited together with those of Hasso von Hugo in the Berlin gallery Buchholz . In 1951 there was an exhibition on his 70th birthday in Potsdam, and in 1956 there was a commemorative exhibition there. In 2018 his works were shown in the exhibition Contested Paths of Modernism. Wilhelm Schmid and the Novembergruppe shown in the Potsdam Museum . His grave is in the Potsdam New Cemetery .
- Egon von Kameke: painting and graphics. Exhibition in the club of cultural workers "Johannes R. Becher", Berlin, 1981
- E. v. Kameke 1881–1955: painting, graphics, hand drawings. “Hans Marchwitza” cultural center, Potsdam, Alter Markt, 1981.
- Anita Beloubek-Hammer, Hanna Strzoda: Feeling is a private matter: Verism and New Objectivity: watercolors, drawings and graphics from the Berlin Kupferstichkabinett on loan. SMB Kupferstichkabinett, Staatliche Museen zu Berlin, 2010.
- Renate Bergerhoff: Catalog raisonné Egon von Kameke. Isensee, Oldenburg 2002, ISBN 3-89598-883-9 .
- Egon von Kameke. GDR art, July 1, 2020, accessed on July 11, 2020 .
- Jauch and Diekmann donate for paintings. MAZ, August 12, 2018, accessed on July 11, 2020 .
|SURNAME||Kameke, Egon from|
|BRIEF DESCRIPTION||German painter and graphic artist|
|DATE OF BIRTH||January 13, 1881|
|PLACE OF BIRTH||Luckenwalde|
|DATE OF DEATH||July 7, 1955|
|Place of death||Potsdam|