Elbe crossing 1
Elbe crossing 1 consists of four overhead line masts :
- Two guy masts designed as portal masts with a height of 50 m and a traverse at 33 m. One of these masts is on the Schleswig-Holstein side of the Elbe , the other on the Lower Saxony Elbe side in the Altes Land.
- Two identical supporting masts 189 m high and 330 tons in weight to ensure the necessary clearance of 75 meters on the Elbe. One of these masts is on the Elbe island Lühesand , the other on Julssand , a former Elbe island near the Hetlinger Schanze on the Schleswig-Holstein side of the Elbe. Because of the swampy subsoil, both masts were built as pile foundations . The mast on the island of Lühesand rests on 41 piles and that on the groyne field on 57 piles. In contrast to the common practice in line construction, the corner posts of these masts are diagonal to the direction of the line, which resulted in certain material savings. The two traverses for holding the six ladder cables are located at heights of 166 m and 179 m.
The span between the pylons over the Elbe is around 1,140 m.
The mast at Julssand carries a radar system from the Hamburg Waterways and Shipping Office at a height of 30 m . Both masts are equipped with stairs and catwalks for the maintenance of the flight safety lighting and with a winch for lifting heavy loads.
Elbe crossing 1 was supplemented by Elbe crossing 2 in the 1970s .
- North mast (mainland):
- South mast (Lühesand):
Roping of the Elbe crossing 2
In the course of the expansion of capacity at Elbe crossing 2 , the traction power lines there will be switched to Elbe crossing 1.
Aerial view to the west down the Elbe towards Stade.
Elbe crossing 2 in front, Elbe crossing 1 behind, left: Lühesand Island with the southern pylons of both Elbe crossings, in the background on the banks of the Elbe the former Stade NPP .
- Plant 615 with the longest overhead line span in Germany
- Hans-Heino Möller: The 380/220 kV Elbe crossing in the 220 kV network of Nordwestdeutsche Kraftwerke AG . Nordwestdeutsche Kraftwerke AG, Hamburg.
- Kreiszeitung Wochenblatt Stade June 2, 2018 page 23 "New ropes for the electricity giants" http://www.kreiszeitung-wochenblatt.de/stade/wirtschaft/neue-seile-fuer-die-strom-giganten-an-der-elbe -d112444.html
- https://www.tennet.eu/fileadmin/user_upload/Our_Grid/Onshore_Germany/HamburgNordDollern/16-130_Factsheet-HHNord-Dollern-Landes Limit_V7_FINAL.pdf Tennet information brochure