Eyjar and Miklaholt
|Sýsla :||Snæfells- og Hnappadalssýsla|
|Population:||117 (January 1, 2019)|
|Population density:||0.31 inhabitants / km²|
|Head of the municipal council:||Guðbjartur Gunnarsson|
|Address of the municipal administration:||Hjarðarfelli
The rural community Eyjar og Miklaholt ( Icelandic Eyja- og Miklaholtshreppur ) is located in western Iceland in the Vesturland region and has 117 inhabitants (January 1, 2019), 25 of whom have citizenship other than Icelandic. It was formed on June 11, 1994 through the merger of the previous rural communities Eyjar ( Eyjahreppur ) and Miklaholt ( Miklaholtshreppur ). The municipality is located in the south of the Snæfellsnes peninsula .
In the land-taking book it is reported that of the 29 land-takers who took land in Snæfellsnes, four settled in what is now Eyja- og Miklaholtshreppur:
- Sel-Þórir Grímsson on today's Ytri-Rauðamelur farm
- Þormóðr goði Oddson lived on the farm Rauðkollsstaðir
- Þórðr gnúpa, the brother of Þormóðr, lived in Gnúpudalr
- Guðlaugr inn auðgi is said to have taken land from Straumfjarðará to Fura in Staðasveit and lived in Borgarholt
Most of the community's courtyards have been occupied since the Middle Ages. Some will z. B. mentioned in the Sturlunga saga , the Hrossholt farm even in three Icelandic sagas ( Heiðarvíga saga , Grettis saga and Eyrbyggja saga ).
|Dec. 1, 1981:||213 (territory 1994)|
|Dec. 1, 1997:||122|
|Dec. 1, 2003:||130|
|Dec. 1, 2004:||141|
|Dec. 1, 2005:||137|
|Dec. 1, 2006:||140|
- About the community. Community Board (hreppsnefnd), accessed September 16, 2019 (Icelandic).
- Homepage of the community. Community Board (hreppsnefnd), accessed September 16, 2019 (Icelandic).
- grabbing in the area of the municipality. Retrieved September 16, 2019 (Icelandic).
- About the Ytri-Rauðamelur farm. Retrieved September 16, 2019 (Icelandic).
- About the farm Rauðkollsstaðir. Retrieved September 16, 2019 (Icelandic).
- About the Borgarholt farm. Retrieved September 16, 2019 (Icelandic).