František Kotlaba (born May 20, 1927 in Vlastiboř , Czechoslovakia , † June 11, 2020 in Prague ) was a Czech botanist and mycologist . His botanical-mycological author's abbreviation is “ Kotl. ".
After studying natural sciences and education at Charles University in Prague , Kotlaba received a position at the National Museum in Prague in 1957 . From 1962 to 1990 he was a research assistant at the Institute of Botany of the Czech Academy of Sciences in Průhonice . For a long time, Kotlaba was a member of the editorial board of the scientific journal Mykologické listy and is the author of several books, some of them of a popular scientific nature. One of his books, which was illustrated by František Procházka , was also published in German under the title Our mushrooms . The mycological journal Česká Mykologie , for which he contributed numerous articles, dedicated an issue to him on his 80th birthday in 2007. A genus from the family of stem porlings was also named Frantisekia in his honor .
Kotlabas main research areas taxonomy, distribution and ecology were the leaves mushrooms and Porlinge . He has also published several papers on fungus protection.
- (1984): Zeměpisné rozšíření a ekologie chorošů (Polyporales s. L.) V Československu (1984) (Distribution and ecology of Porlinge (Polyporales s. L.) In Czechoslovakia).
- Literature by and about František Kotlaba in the catalog of the German National Library
- Literature and other media by and about František Kotlaba in the catalog of the National Library of the Czech Republic
- Kotlaba, František at Index Fungorum
- ↑ ČESKÁ VĚDECKÁ SPOLEČNOST PRO MYKOLOGII. In: Czech Mykology. Czech Scientific Society for Mycology, accessed July 7, 2020 (Czech).
- ↑ www.vesmir.cz Retrieved November 24, 2009.
- ↑ Wjacheslav Spirin, Ivan Zmitrovich: frantisekia - a new polypore genus (Polyporales, Basidiomycota) . In: Česká Mykologie 59 (1) / 2007. Pp. 141-151.
- ^ Frantisek Kotlaba (b. 1927) www.mushroomthejournal.com, accessed on November 24, 2009.
|BRIEF DESCRIPTION||Czech botanist and mycologist|
|DATE OF BIRTH||May 20, 1927|
|PLACE OF BIRTH||Vlastiboř , Czechoslovakia|
|DATE OF DEATH||June 11, 2020|
|Place of death||Prague|